Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: List of Kappa Dealerships that you Trust and or recommend to others!  (Read 37144 times)

Offline baconbits

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: List of Kappa Dealerships that you Trust and or recommend to others!
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »
Wow

Morals still do exist. 

Aren't they a type of mushroom...

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2012, 10:30:34 PM »
Sol Asylum : You think ( GJ ) might think he knows enough Doctors to know the Differance ? After all he is on the West Coast most of the time. " Strange Area out there"    :banghead:      :gaah:

My guess is that GJ has seen a lot of doctors.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline redlinedude

• Master Tech
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2012, 11:56:26 AM »
If you live near Akron, Ohio I recommend Marhofer Chevy. The tech I used at the Saturn store (Lee) works here and he is the best!! He is very smart, patient and thorough  :thumbs:

Marhofer Chevrolet
3423 Darrow Road ยท Stow, OH 44224
Drove My Redline home top down on 12/12/06
In 60 Degree weather In Akron, Ohio !!
Silver Pearl / Black Leather
5 Speed
Limited-Slip Differential
Chrome Wheels
6-Disc CD Monsoon
Stubby B Antenna
JPM Leather Console
Enjoying another cancer free day !!

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2012, 03:00:25 PM »
Herb Chambers Cadillac (used to be Herb Chambers Saturn).
Warwick, RI

COMPOUND TURBOS (GT2860r & GT4294r) goal 800hp

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:
https://www.facebook.com/SKY888CompoundTurbo

SPONSORS:
aeroforce.com, nitrofreeze.com, forgestar.com, splitsec.com, turbosmartonline.com, k1technologies.com, supertechperformance.com, specclutch.com, rceng.com, statusracing.com, tceperformanceproducts.com, burnsstainless.com, performanceautowerks.com, ddmworks.com, turbowerx.com, BTF

Offline Northern Sol

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »
If you are in the Toronto area I recommend Old Mill GMC / Cadillac / Buick. I bought my Sol from them brand new in 2007 at their old location west of Jane on Bloor.  They moved to a brand new location at St Clair and Jane. It was I think the first of the new style GM dealer ships in Ontario. Really nice set up. They do all my service plus most of my Mods. The service advisor Angelo is awesome. A fellow named Bernie does my trim mods...tonneau, GM luggage rack, wind restricter etc..... He has drilled a lot of holes in my baby :violin: He does great work. For my mechanical / service stuff I have a fellow named Mike exclusively do my work. He did the install for my GMPP tune and Yes he sodered it. :thumbs:

I highly recommend Old Mill GM :thumbs: :drive: :thumbs:

Offline Sky4Two

• Sky4Two
  • Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2012, 08:15:24 PM »
If you're in the Conway/Myrtle Bch area and you need Kappa repair or maintenance, Hadwin White was a Solstice Dealer. They retain the same mechanic's that serviced the Solstice and they have repaired and maintained my Sky proficiently.
           Hadwain White Buick GMC
           2325 E Highway 501
           Conway SC 29526
Blooper

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
List of Kappa Dealerships that you Trust and or recommend to others!
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2012, 12:16:16 AM »
If you are in the Lusby MD area there is an out of the way place called Joe's garage. Service is available 24 hours a day for the weekend of August 30th. Most service is free, although donations of food, beer, whiskey or cash are generally accepted. Show up any time and ask for Joe
Make the right choices now

Offline WWI Flying Ace

• Master Tech
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2012, 06:33:34 PM »
I really did like Mike and Cory and trusted them. But it also seems to me that Fox was performance car oriented as a whole. So did something change and that was why they left or was it just the normal turnover that occurs at these places. Did Mike give you any hints when he called you?  In setting up the appointment, I called hidls cell by mistake and he told me he left but said the Fox folks could still help me. Unless you know something, I will go back and see.

Mike was "great people".  Cory too.  Cory was actually the one that called and told me he was leaving for a different job and that Mike was already gone.  Did you get back there for the oil change yet?  How'd Fox do?

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2012, 06:46:17 PM »
If you are in the Toronto area I recommend Old Mill GMC / Cadillac / Buick. I bought my Sol from them brand new in 2007 at their old location west of Jane on Bloor.  They moved to a brand new location at St Clair and Jane. It was I think the first of the new style GM dealer ships in Ontario. Really nice set up. They do all my service plus most of my Mods. The service advisor Angelo is awesome. A fellow named Bernie does my trim mods...tonneau, GM luggage rack, wind restricter etc..... He has drilled a lot of holes in my baby :violin: He does great work. For my mechanical / service stuff I have a fellow named Mike exclusively do my work. He did the install for my GMPP tune and Yes he sodered it. :thumbs:

I highly recommend Old Mill GM :thumbs: :drive: :thumbs:

I have only ever taken my car in for warranty work, so it has not seen much of any dealership.  I have however purchased parts from Old Mill GM.  No issues.  Seems like a decent dealership from my limited experience with them.  Parts guy seems quite knowledgeable (compared to say Courtesy Chevrolet).

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2012, 12:03:32 PM »
If you are in a 2007, in the Chicago area, and off warranty the only 'dealership' I would recommend is DAve Gilbert at Performance Autowerks. He is a sponsor of this website and will/can do more for us than just the big parts and the big installs. I know because I have my Redline in his shop for absolutely everything I need and he is enthused and happy to do it. Try him and you will go nowhere else...Critter
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline kurt

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2012, 07:35:35 PM »
Looking for a GM dealer in the Atlanta area, prefer the northside.

Offline Sbutcher2

• Tech
Re: List of Kappa Dealerships that you Trust and or recommend to others! NH
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »
Robert Demers of the Midway Buick GMC in Somersworth NH is a longtime Pontiac guy at the dealership that has been a supporter of our Kappas.

They are great people and know how to service these cars as Bob races a Solstice as a SCCA National Driver.
Enjoying the open ride.

Offline 2.4solstice06

• Tech
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2013, 03:11:21 PM »
So I am resurrecting this thread because I recently was hired by Bob Pion Buick Pontiac GMC on memorial drive in chicopee ma. I am an ase certified technician and after 5 years of owning one, and very familiar with the kappa platform. So my fellow kappa owners, if you are in the western ma area and are in need of a trustworthy dealer, feel free yo check it out!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Offline SolNut

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »
Wishing you the BEST at your new Position.  Every dealer needs a great Tech.

Offline 2.4solstice06

• Tech
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2013, 04:02:40 PM »
Thanks!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk