Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S + Tires  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Moose GXP

• Apprentice/Gofer
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S + Tires
« on: September 07, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »
I got about 34,000 miles out of my OEM tires and recently had them replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+.  I drive my GXP year round here in Detroit, so I wanted to stay away from a ultra/max performance summer only tire.  So far, I love the dry and wet traction of these tires.  They really grip when you hammer the throttle.  I finally feel like all the power from my Wester's tune is making it to the ground.   I'll update as temperatures drop.  I haven't seen any reviews of these tires on a Kappa, so I figured I'd start a thread on them.  Does anybody else have any experience with these tires?

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
Re: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S + Tires
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 01:40:15 PM »
Love Michelins. Wish I had known about these.

:ttiwwp:

Offline kennysabarese

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:41:59 PM »
They are good tires. Expensive @ 225 each. Personally, I'd rather swap tires for winter.
2007 Sky Redline - Wester's Tuned - GMPP sensors - RMR Roll Bar - Kirkey Seats
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List
kennysabarese.com - Photos - Facebook - Twitter - RSS

Offline Moose GXP

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:42:21 PM »
I hope to post pics this weekend. 

Yeah, Michelin makes expensive tires, but these seems to be the best mix of dry, wet and snow performance.  Also it's cheaper, for me, to have one set of A/S tires instead of a set of Max Performance tires and a set of Winter tires.  I had that on my GTO.  It's nice if you can afford two full sets of tires and wheels.

Offline diamoney

• Master Tech
  • I coulda had a V8! But I'm not a fan of tomatoes.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 12:14:17 AM »
I like the Michelin ads that finish with, "Up to 33,000 more miles...."   :drive:

More than WHAT?  :huh:

Moose got 34K out of stock tires-- by definition, Michelin's claim is to go AT LEAST 33,001 miles! and could go AS MUCH AS 67,000 miles.    :worms:

Honesty in advertising- just doesn't really say anything.  :poke:
#000600 S/C
158000+ miles

'07 GXP T/C+
0-100 in what?

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 05:51:02 PM »
Michelins are great tires and yes they cost a little more but your life is probably worth it assuming your a pretty good guy.  Good choice
Bates cylinder sleeves/oil pump,Carillo Rods,Wiseco pistons,Ferrea valves/springs,CNC Race Ported head,Neutral balance shafts,CustomATI Damper,ZOK suspension,Custom Roll Bar and Wind Splitter by Chassis Concepts,6 pt Schroth harness,Extreme Dimension nose,Fidenza Flywheel/Spec3+ clutch,OZ ultrleggra wheels,Hoosier A6/R6 tires,Norms Fiberglass side vented fedders,side skirts and rear race bumper/fascia

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 12:52:52 AM »
Michelins are great tires and yes they cost a little more but your life is probably worth it assuming your a pretty good guy.  Good choice

I love the way you think.
Make the right choices now

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 06:01:06 PM »
Well, Moose, if you got 34,000 out of your OEM tires on your GXP, that is certainly good news for us!  According that, with only 17,577 on our OEM's, we have about 16,423 left to go!  I have owned many Michelin's in my lifetime and they have always done the job superbly!   When the OEM's are toast, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S + Tires will be my choice again.  Great tires for sure!  :thumbs:  :2c:
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline TecSolOnt

• Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 04:48:36 PM »

Moose got any pics of the tires on your car? Be nice to see the look on a Kappa.

I live across the border and am thinking of heading over your way to get a new set of tires next spring, any recommendations on where to go to get them?

DDM ST II Supercharged , DDM Pro Beam, DDM Backbone, Solo Performance Mach Exhaust, Norms Diffuser Valance, Kappa Windscreen, Sound Deadener

Offline Moose GXP

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 10:04:24 AM »
I'll post some pics in the next few days.  They look good.  Obviously, since it's an all-season tire, they have a more aggressive tread pattern that the Goodyear OEM tire.  I'm in love with the dry road handling and acceleration...very nice!