Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Yet another gushy DDM thread  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Yet another gushy DDM thread
« on: September 23, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »
Bought a valve cover for the Solstice a few weeks ago from DDM and went to install it. What a nightmare it was because the rubber washers that DDM supplied had too large of a centre hole. Of course as soon as I turned it over everything fell apart. I persevered and using small plastic shims to force the washers and spacers to stay on long enough to hold it all together while I bolted it up, worked well.

After getting it installed, I contacted Dave at DDM and turns out that they knew that they had an issue with washers with too large a hole. They thought that they had get them all out of the system but they had unfortunately missed a package.

This isn't the end of the story though as Dave offered to immediately send out four new washers. I had thought that they would just drop them into a regular envelope and mail them out the cheapest way possible. As I have dealt with DDM before I should have known better.

Came back from holidays yesterday and in my mailbox is a full size trackable envelope from the USPS with 4 washers and 2 DDM stickers. The stickers will be handy when I get the cover powder coated in a colour that hasn't yet been decided.

Thanks to DDM for the way they handled a problem. Mistakes and problems arise from time to time with any business no matter what the type or size. How the company handles those problems is what separates the great companies for the not so great ones.

DDM is one of the great ones. Thanks guys!

Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: Yet another gushy DDM thread
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »
Mistakes and problems arise from time to time with any business no matter what the type or size. How the company handles those problems is what separates the great companies for the not so great ones.
Can't comment more  :thumbs:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 09:49:20 PM »
Indeed!  Bought a new, still in box ProBeam from someone selling one in Canada (I'm in Toronto, so definitely helps).  One of the brackets linking the large piece to the suspension pick up points was incorrect.  They shipped one out to me, no charge!  Amazing customer service to say the least.  My only problem with DDM ;) is that I don't have more money to spend with them.

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 12:15:52 AM »
a business is not measured by its product as much as its measured by its customer service. all businesses have mistakes and its the why they make them right is what matters and in that realm DDM is 1st class they always there and happy to help not cause it means money in there pocket but because there one of the few places that truly cares.. thanks DDM

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 09:33:06 AM »
  My only problem with DDM ;) is that I don't have more money to spend with them.

Get a second and third job, after all you are sleeping every night  :poke:
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 09:39:08 AM »
Get a second and third job, after all you are sleeping every night  :poke:

Wow! He wastes all his free time sleeping! Wow! Must be nice... :lol:
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 11:49:40 PM »
Yeah what a looser.  No wonder he can't afford anything nice for his car.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 06:15:05 PM »
Hey Everyone!

Thanks for the thread, it makes all of those late nights and early mornings worth it when we get to hear stuff like this  :thumbs:

As always if there is anything we can do, just let us know!

Thanks again,
Dave
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 303whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 08:53:15 AM »
Having owned/operated a business for 19 years, my only question is why others don't do it the way Dave does it. It truly IS the easiest way to run a business, as anything that needs to be done GETS DONE !!!!!!!!!!!! Then, no energy is expended and/or wasted making excuses and covering their tracks. Dave, you and your crew deserve the success as all of you at DDM "get-r-dun" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 09:06:24 AM »
Dave of DDM and Jeff of Solo are on the top of my list in regard to customer service.

Yes, I had some minor issues with both of their products during the two years that I dealt with them ............but BOTH these guys always make sure that they resolve them ASAP.

Those issues are very normal to all businesses out there.   It's how the vendors react that matters! 

And that's the reason why I've never stopped dealing with these two vendors since 2008 :)

EXCELLENT PRODUCT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!  Top notch indeed!

COMPOUND TURBOS (GT2860r & GT4294r) goal 800hp

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:
https://www.facebook.com/SKY888CompoundTurbo

SPONSORS:
aeroforce.com, nitrofreeze.com, forgestar.com, splitsec.com, turbosmartonline.com, k1technologies.com, supertechperformance.com, specclutch.com, rceng.com, statusracing.com, tceperformanceproducts.com, burnsstainless.com, performanceautowerks.com, ddmworks.com, turbowerx.com, BTF

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 04:56:53 PM »
Ditto, Jeff @ SP. Another top notch vendor.
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline DRM

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 05:55:53 PM »
These folks have the BEST customer service....They have taken very good care of this customer...They are #1 in my book.  I owe them.  I never hesitate buying from DDMWorks.
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP Deep/Ebony/Silver Stitching
2006 Pontiac Solstice Mysterious/Steel/Sand F1K(#78) 2nd owner, purchased with 1,400 miles, traded 3/07 for GXP

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 08:13:11 PM »
Dave now that you mention it
"As always if there is anything we can do, just let us know!"

Send me a few Samples to Test  and  a Few Thousand $$$$$ .     :rofl:    :rofl:     Your work and Staffs Outshine other Companies in the same Business .     :yay:    :urock:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 06:03:39 PM »
DDM ROCKS!!!  :urock:

I'm looking forward to their Open House and my new brakes! :yay:

Oh and my  center console. :yay:

JPM ROCKS TOO!!!  :urock: