Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Open your hood and take a picture of your engine bay  (Read 19454 times)

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
Re: Open your hood and take a picture of your engine bay
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2014, 08:47:15 PM »
With the cover you are using, I like the red powder coat matching the pipes. The other two, for me, look distracting and don't flow well like they were thrown in there. Maybe if the IC pipes were dipped too? Also Werks has the coolant and brake covers that could be matched.

OR maybe dip the engine too in CF? :)
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2014, 12:13:44 PM »
Does anyone know where hammy 221 got the brake reservoir and coolant  tank covers from ?

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2014, 08:52:47 PM »
They don't look the same when PAW first came out I looked at them but I have to be honest they look crude ,not really a finished look kind of like someone just took a piece of metal and bent it on a brake but then again it's just my opinion and Hammy's post was in 2010 and PAW just started selling these last year

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2014, 09:42:54 PM »
Okay, never mind then...  :lol:

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2014, 09:54:37 PM »
Hey, now I remember! Check out Hammy's thread over on the BB. If he posted about it here I can't find it.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/polished-stanless-parts-whos-intreaest-56311/index2.html

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2014, 11:49:24 PM »
Thanks ! sent him an email for some info . :thumbs:

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2014, 09:16:05 AM »
Just incase anyone was interested Hammy sent me an email and said that his covers were custom made by someone he knew so my next step is looking into billet accessories for other GM cars to see if anything will work on my Solstice

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2014, 09:44:59 AM »
Curious to see what you find out.

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2014, 06:52:34 PM »
Yea my thought is because these cars were a combination of parts I'm sure that the reservoirs  were used on other models and I can make something work .I subscribe to a couple of hot rod magazines and have a few catalogs from places like Billet Specialties so maybe I'll find something .