Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Sensor Group Buy Timing Poll  (Read 6105 times)

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
Sensor Group Buy Timing Poll
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:57:07 PM »
The poll should be self-explanitory, but here's links to threads for details:

http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=532.0

http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.0

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f63/can-someone-stage-ii-kit-verify-53572/

One caveat:  I'm only here until mid May, so the latest I want to arrange this is early April.  That way we're able to deal with a backorder (worst case).  I ordered the first two on a Thursday and had them by Tuesday.  Sent them out today (Wednesday).

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
Re: Sensor Group Buy Timing Poll
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:10:27 PM »
Do we need a separate wiring harness for these sensors? or do they fit into the factory locations?
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 09:50:27 PM »
Yes.  The GMPP kit includes more than just the sensors.  You will still need the correct size o-rings, possibly an additional bolt, and the correct new weatherpack connectors, terminals, etc. to do the install.  It's my understanding that those parts are available in the 'states.  Since I'm not a supporting member, I can't upload documents.  Otherwise, I would attach a soft copy of the instruction sheet that comes with the GMPP kit.  Here's the list of what's included in that kit:

Package contents:
Item Description Quantity GM Part Number
1 TMAP Sensor 2 55206797
2 TMAP Sensor, Bolt 1 11589015
3 TMAP Sensor, O-ring 2 12626998
4 Label, Premium Fuel 1 12602863
5 Label, Certification 1 12626987
6 Connector Pigtail 2 88988320
7 Instructions 1 19212711

I'm not sure how the connectors are available (i.e. as pigtail assemblies, or as seperate parts).  They come as pigtail assemblies in the kit from GM.

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:32:32 AM »
Hopefully it goes without saying, but "discussion, comments, critisizms, feedback and suggestions welcome."

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 09:22:03 AM »

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 12:37:12 PM »
Ooooh yeah... THAT'S where I got it  :gaah:

lil goat

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 06:41:01 PM »
I was doing some reading today, and as the economy softens world wide and auto parts companies have less sales maybe Lyndon can work a deal with Bosch, and become a vendor. I am not opposed to a group buy, I just think it would be cool if Lyndon could buy them direct.

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 10:41:52 PM »
I was doing some reading today, and as the economy softens world wide and auto parts companies have less sales maybe Lyndon can work a deal with Bosch, and become a vendor. I am not opposed to a group buy, I just think it would be cool if Lyndon could buy them direct.

I agree.  That would be cool and save me some legwork if he works the deal sooner rather than later.  :) 

lil goat

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 10:35:25 AM »
I wrote Lyndon yesterday, he has been busy building race engines for next season and is awaiting the arrival of the sensors you sent, once he verifies they work and he gets them installed he will investigate his options. He said hello to everyone told me he has been really busy and really, really cold!

Offline Cheers

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 10:46:56 AM »
Appreciate y'all working this ... would be interest BUT especially if it is tied to Lyndon's outstanding work....   

:lurk: :drool:

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 01:12:43 AM »
So for kicks, I just went and looked up the pigtail connectors at Rockauto.com.  Those buggers are expensive, too!  $70 a pop.  At this point, the Stage II kit is looking even more and more like a bargain!  Don't believe me?  Here's a screen capture:

Is there a cheaper source for them?  Anybody still looking for a cheaper source for the sensors? 

I'm not lazy... I'm still willing to do the group buy, I just want to do everything I can to be sure the buyers (1) aren't getting screwed and (2) know what they're getting into.  It's not like I'm going to make any money on the group buy thing.  Even if I wanted to, I don't think I legally can...

Edit:  It appears my screen capture has been resized and the text is unreadable.  If you want to look them up yourself at rock auto, the part number is 88988320.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 01:15:38 AM by 2kwk4u »

lil goat

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 08:35:55 AM »
I have looked as well and found them a little cheaper but not much. I am still looking, I thought I had found a cheap source on eBay but it wasn't the same connector.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 09:40:48 AM »
Do you think these will just all eventually become available over time through GM?  Didn't this happen when they released the tunes for the Cobalts also?
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 10:16:07 AM »
Do you think these will just all eventually become available over time through GM?  Didn't this happen when they released the tunes for the Cobalts also?

Absolutely true about the Cobalts. When the GMPP supercharger kit came out nobody could buy the individual parts. Dealerships had a REAL problem when some of the belts were spit off and none could be bought ANYWHERE. After about 4-5 months GM started making the parts available. Once the "rate of travel" slows down a bit on the kits it might be fair to assume the parts will be available. We'll see, won't we?

BTW, Lyndon sent me an e-mail to say that his GMPP kit had arrived from Kansas City. I guess he'll be playing with it soon enough.
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

lil goat

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 10:40:38 AM »
I think as the economy slows worldwide you will see Bosch and others changing the way the do business, and parts becoming more available overall. If GM isn't buying parts from Bosch, they will be looking for other buyers.

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »
Absolutely true about the Cobalts. When the GMPP supercharger kit came out nobody could buy the individual parts. Dealerships had a REAL problem when some of the belts were spit off and none could be bought ANYWHERE. After about 4-5 months GM started making the parts available. Once the "rate of travel" slows down a bit on the kits it might be fair to assume the parts will be available. We'll see, won't we?

BTW, Lyndon sent me an e-mail to say that his GMPP kit had arrived from Kansas City. I guess he'll be playing with it soon enough.

OK, now I'm confused... I thought you were only sending him a tune.  Did you or someone else in the KC area send him a KIT?  I haven't heard from him that the sensors I sent have arrived yet.  I'd actually be surprised if they did... would expect them to take ~2 weeks to get from me to him via APO/USPS international.  I shipped them 8 days ago.

lil goat

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 12:24:41 PM »
Canadian customs can take 2 weeks easily, shipped my ecm up there, took 1 day to get to Canada, took 2 weeks to clear customs.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 05:29:11 PM »
Canadian customs can take 2 weeks easily, shipped my ecm up there, took 1 day to get to Canada, took 2 weeks to clear customs.

Yeah that's about right. :devil: I bought an Opel antenna from a U.S. member of another forum and he shipped it without a tracking number. Took so long to get through customs that he volunteered to refund my money before it showed up at my door. Took like two weeks to get here from PA! :ca:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!