Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Success! Installed my Interior Motion Detector (with info...)  (Read 14070 times)

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
Re: Success! Installed my Interior Motion Detector (with info...)
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 11:02:01 AM »
After a few hours of f'n around with it, I finally got it very close. Have it mounted under the center console rest like yours so at least its very easy to get to if I need to adjust it again.
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »
...  :thumbs:  :thumbs:
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 03:49:34 PM »
Oh yeah, that is the other thing I wanted to ask. Does your center console sit flush when you put it back on? The factory grounding point gets in the way so I couldnt put it any more to the driver side. When I put my console cover bock on, it hits the indented section where the p-brake goes down into and the covers sticks up a little on the passenger side. Ill probably just take sensor apart and then cover the board with some electrical tape and velcro it in place.
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »
Oh yeah, that is the other thing I wanted to ask. Does your center console sit flush when you put it back on? The factory grounding point gets in the way so I couldnt put it any more to the driver side. When I put my console cover bock on, it hits the indented section where the p-brake goes down into and the covers sticks up a little on the passenger side. Ill probably just take sensor apart and then cover the board with some electrical tape and velcro it in place.
There's plenty of space the way I installed mine.  Check the last photos in the first post, make sure yours is oriented and placed the same way.  Should be no problems.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 04:35:46 PM »
Before I made that last post to ask you, I double checked your picture to make sure so I didnt seem like an idiot and mounted it wrong. lol But its identical to how you have it mounted.  Even googled both interiors and the cover is identical between the solstice and sky. :idk:
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 05:55:37 PM »
Bizarro!  I guess there must be some difference between the Sol and Sky then :huh:

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 06:21:12 PM »
TS, does your Sol have Onstar? And isn't Onstar standard on Skys? I know the Onstar module is somewhere in the waterfall, an extra wiring bundle could explain all this.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 06:42:25 PM »
Yes it does have Onstar, but anyway that's at the rear of the center console, behind the waterfall. The wiring bundle is visible in the photo in the first post, on the other side of the grounding bolt.

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
Forgot I took a couple pictures after I modified the case. All I did was take it apart, grind it down to the stops where the circuit board sits. I then epoxied it back in place, cover the back of the board in a couple layers of duct tape and then take the metal foil off the bottom of the piece I removed since I figured that is meant to help block the signal from going under the car and get set off by animals and stuff that might get under there. Couple pieces of velcro and it fits alot better.

2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, 09:43:21 AM »
From your pictures, you seem to have mounted yours further back than I did mine.  Maybe that's why there was interference?

Anyway, moot point now :)  So, does it work well and are you happy?  How does the dual-stage alarm work with the Viper?

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 11:55:34 AM »
Before I modified it, it was ziptied down just like yours. It was a more side to side than a front to back issue.

It interfaces nice with the viper since it plugs right in to the brain itself. Does the warn away and full alarm no problem. I do have to do some minor adjustments to it, but works nice. Dont have it as sensitive as yours though. Only thing left is adding an external shock sensor because the one that is built into the vipers sucks. Dont know why they moved to an onboard in the first place. Alot easier to mount an external and more senstive.
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 02:18:17 PM »
Been a while since I've been around, but I like this a lot. Gonna have to do some looking around to see what else Tomato has been up to. I'm almost done wiring the last round of mods I "borrowed" from him... ;)
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 09:34:04 PM »
LiquidPT  ; Did you do the window mod yet? thats the switch that allows you to Auto up and down both windows with a single tap of either window button. check it out. And nice to hear from you again.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
TS - I gather since you referenced this thread in another that it is still working properly?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 11:53:24 AM »
Yep, same as the day I finished it -- no degredation

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 01:18:43 PM »
Good to know, you going to bring the pieces and knowledge to the SMMM?  If so I can front you some $$$ to stock up if needed.

I would be interested.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia