Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 5950 times)

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Re: Hi
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 12:00:43 PM »
Thanks Spartan. All my oil change had been done by what use to be Saturn of Arlington. Now is a Dodge Dealer. I guess, I have been lucky. The last time I brought it in for the oil change the car had about 99000 miles, and they recommended to have a 100000 miles service on it. I declined. They gave me an estimate of 540 dollars; The service would included spark plugs, rear diff, and trans service.
 U4EA, I used to live in Arlington. Now I live in Grand Prairie in an area close to 360 and Camp Wisdom. I'm moving back to Arlington next month. Just tell me the address where you want to meet. I will use the GPS to get there.

skydoo and your 2007 Saturn Sky welcome to the forum!  Wow, what a hoot you have had driving your 2007 Saturn Sky!!! I called my GM Dealer and inquired about the price for the 100,000 mile service.  Service Manager told me the 2007 Saturn Sky would run $450.00 and the 2007 GXP that Carol and I own would run $485.00.  So, The $540.00 quote you have received on your Saturn Sky is a bit higher for your 2007 Saturn Sky.  The quote included Spark Plugs, Coolant, Fluids in Transmission, Rear Differential and Air Filter and visual check of other parts.

I look forward to meeting you in person at the 2011 NASSM to be held in Austin, Texas this next summer if you are planning to attend?  By the way I hope to drive our 2007 early build GXP as far as you have driven your 2007 Saturn Sky.  Wish you many more happy trails!

Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 05:28:26 PM »
The romanian drag racer, that would be me  :devil: is already morning here and I see no pictures, you have been warned, so here you go:
 :ttiwwp:
Let me help introduce skydoo:
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:08:13 PM by U4EA »
2007 Mysterious GXP Hard Loaded (all factory options avail. in 2007)
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.

Offline skydoo

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 06:25:30 PM »
GXPinKC, thank you for the welcome. My sister in law is living in West of Austin, the Hill Country. It would be real convenience for me to go to the 2011 NASSM but the issue is time. I'm away from home most of the times, so, when I have time. I just do what my better half and children's request. But it doesn't means that I won't try to convince them to visit my wife's sister for a few days, and if the visit happen to be on the same time with the National then, it's even better. 
Thanks U4EA for a great lunch, taking picture of Skydoo and post them for me. The car is very dirty from thousands of dead bugs that I killed while driving at night and early morning every week. Your U4EA is awesome.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 07:11:57 PM »
Let me help introduce skydoo:
Now we are  talking  :thumbs:
Oh, did I mentioned that I work for a company located in Dallas?  :D

Nice ride skydoo with nice plates  :thumbs: Welcome a board, looks like you are part of the crew now that we saw your ride  :yay:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 07:28:05 PM »
skydoo,
3 hour lunches are not my norm but enjoyed it all. Skydoo is in amazing shape to have 105,00 miles, no way would I believe it by looking at the car. Had I not seen the odometer I would not believe it.
Be safe in your many travels between Arlington and OKC.
2007 Mysterious GXP Hard Loaded (all factory options avail. in 2007)
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.

Offline QuickBlack

• Tech
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 05:24:17 AM »
Wow, 105k miles huh?  That's pretty darn good if you ask me!  I am assuming since you got a 2007 model in 2006 that you bought it brand new or pretty close?  I'll be honest, I really want mine to last this long, so is there anything you would recommend to help keep our cars running smooth and trouble free?  Have you had any major repairs performed?  Welcome to the forum!!

Offline skydoo

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 11:44:56 AM »
QuickBlack, thank you for the welcome. It was brand new(3 miles on the odometer). It had rear diff. service for a recall, and cup holder re adjust(I think they wrote down as cup holder replaced. I saw how the Tech. adjusted it)  when I brought it in for the oil change. One time the check engine light was on right before the scheduled oil change. I took it in, they fixed that during that oil change visit( they said, it was in the fuel line). If there was any concern, the Tech would take care of it during the oil change, no overnight. It uses Mobil 1 and about 50 percent of the time it filled up with non alcohol gas. It will throw code if I try to top off the gas, but it will go away after a few starts. If someone can get the service's history of a vehicle through the VIN. I will be glad to provide it.

Offline Yogi

• Master Tech
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 12:31:02 PM »
QuickBlack, thank you for the welcome. It was brand new(3 miles on the odometer). It had rear diff. service for a recall, and cup holder re adjust(I think they wrote down as cup holder replaced. I saw how the Tech. adjusted it)  when I brought it in for the oil change. One time the check engine light was on right before the scheduled oil change. I took it in, they fixed that during that oil change visit( they said, it was in the fuel line). If there was any concern, the Tech would take care of it during the oil change, no overnight. It uses Mobil 1 and about 50 percent of the time it filled up with non alcohol gas. It will throw code if I try to top off the gas, but it will go away after a few starts. If someone can get the service's history of a vehicle through the VIN. I will be glad to provide it.
You can get the service history from any GM dealer.  Just give them your VIN and they can do it.
2008 Saturn Sky Red Line
2.0 Turbo LNF
5 Speed Manual
Snowflake Wheels
Monsoon Sound System
Leather Seats