Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: LED load Resistors  (Read 1207 times)

DarkSlySol

LED load Resistors
« on: December 29, 2010, 01:36:10 AM »
Im converting all of the lights in my car to LEDs, and it has been brought to my attention that load resistors are needed for the turn signals to keep them from hyper blinking. What watt and ohms resistor should I get 50W 6 ohms or 25W 10 omhs?

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
Re: LED load Resistors
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:17:56 PM »
Your best bet is to get an electronic flasher unit instead of using load resistors.
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:20:26 AM »
What's wrong with hyper blinking? More of an attention getter I would think. Only took me a day or two to get used to the different blink rate.
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 01:35:46 AM »
Dealer told me that the LEDs in my rear view mirror caused my Battery to Drain .    :gaah:     :idk:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass