Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: WERKSracing Kappa/LSx V8 Conversion DIY Installation kit official release!!!!!  (Read 26560 times)

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
but from what i understand the diff alwas has 3 points of connection on both TQ arm and non TQ arm models. the non havein a mount bolted in place of the TQ are mount. i find it hard to belive that the diff would only be supported VIA 2 bolts in the back

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
so i take it going to a V-8 with a T%^ ill lose that and need to get the non TQ arm diff mount the put where the TQ arm goes now?

Yes that is correct.  If you have a torque arm car you will have to get the aluminum diff. mount, bushing, bolts, support, etc... to mount the front of it to the chassis as they did before the torque arm went into production.
Dave Gilbert
Performance Autowerks, Inc.
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Anthony's SKY Redline LNF - GT35R - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 442whp/414ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs
Matt's Cobalt SS LNF Billet 55/57 WERKs turbo - 93 Octane - 442whp/450ftlbs
www.performanceautowerks.com
info@performanceautowerks.com

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
but from what i understand the diff alwas has 3 points of connection on both TQ arm and non TQ arm models. the non havein a mount bolted in place of the TQ are mount. i find it hard to belive that the diff would only be supported VIA 2 bolts in the back

That is correct and not correct at the same time I guess.  With a torque arm setup it is supported to the transmission via the long torque arm, without the torque arm it is supported to the chassis via a large single bushing mount to the upper right front of the diff. case.  While both of these setups work, the torque arm does put more stress on the 2 rearward mounts as they now have to hold the entire rearward weight of the diff., driveshaft and torque arm.  We have seen a few ripped or fatigued rear diff mounts because of this, mainly on cars that have been pushed somewhat hard.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:48:48 AM by werks »
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
That is correct, with a torque arm setup it is supported to the transmission via the long torque arm, without the torque arm it is supported to the chassis via a large single bushing mount to the upper right front of the diff. case.

thank you for your input. is there a way to use a TQ arm still like a custom one or is it really not Needed

Offline Anthony H

• Tech
Has anyone used the DIY kit yet?

What position is the engine in compared to other V8 swaps?  I'd like it to be as low and far back as possible, and I know that some of the V8 swaps can be +/- 2 or 3 inches.
2007 Sky Redline.  GMPP Stage 2 tune.  K&N Typhoon.  DDM Backbone.  DDM Probeam. SOLO Ultra High Flow Cat.  SOLO Mach Shorty.  WERKS Racing Adjustable Rear Sway Bar.

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
Our kit puts the engine in as low and as far back as we can get it without hacking up the frame rails or cutting and moving the engine mount pads while locating the shifter exactly in the center of the shift lever hole.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:49:51 PM by werks »
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751

Offline Anthony H

• Tech
Thanks for the quick reply, Dave. I didn't want to bother you with another email.  :)

-Anthony
2007 Sky Redline.  GMPP Stage 2 tune.  K&N Typhoon.  DDM Backbone.  DDM Probeam. SOLO Ultra High Flow Cat.  SOLO Mach Shorty.  WERKS Racing Adjustable Rear Sway Bar.