Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: FS: Big wheel turbo-SOLD  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
FS: Big wheel turbo-SOLD
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:49:31 AM »
i am selling my big wheel turbo (stock K04 with repair kit and reinforced thrust bearings 360).
new compressor wheel is 46.5mm vs the stock 43.5mm (if necessary i can provide the stock compressor wheel too, but i 'd prefer to keep it just to have it as an ornament-lol).

in total, it has 28.800 km on it (around 19.000 miles) ////  around 20.000 km (13.00miles) with stock tune and 8.800 km (6000miles) with Trifecta tune.
the turbo modified as a big wheel (meaning after the repair kit and the mod) has less than 2.000 km (1400 miles)

it was the turbo that the car came with from the factory and then turned it in big wheel (work done here in Greece)

it has a small superficial crack on the twin scroll (Dave from DDM has said that this is quite common on these turbos) - you can see it only after you sand it.
it does not affect it's performance, it's just naturally worn.

the mechanic that just got it off the car says it is good and can be used again.

price is 300 euros (or $399) plus shipping cost (around $50, but i'll have to check up on that if someone is interested).

WHAT I WOULD PREFER, is to trade it with a factory turbo (new or with just a few miles on it).
IF the person that gets it is someone well known and respected here and sees in the first week upon receivement that it is NO GOOD (meaning is damaged, or something like that -not likely though), i am willing to give money back (excluding trasnportation cost) - or in the other case to pay for the new turbo that iwll have received at a fair price.

gmtech16450yz has a priority here (if he is still interested), since he showed interest some time ago (will pm him too) to exchange my big wheel for a stock one.

http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,5986.0.html

i can provide pics upon request when i get it in my hands
Price is for kappa members ONLY

thx

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:55:32 AM by Arabas »
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: FS: Big wheel turbo-SOLD
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:13:57 PM »
Item is sold.
i want to apologise to gmtech for sending him a pm to bring this sale to his attention and not selling it to him in the end.
there was a misunderstanding with a GT owner here in Greece (i had said on another thread that he was interested in buying it and i would give him priority since he had contacted me a long time ago) and when he saw the add here, he contacted me to ask me why i didn't sell it to him.
gmtech, i m really sorry for any inconvenience that i caused you, but i felt i had to honor my word to my friend. i know i don't deserve your respect after this...
it's my mistake having acted so quickly, before solving the misunderstanding with the final buyer....
sorry...
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Kagem

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 06:13:17 PM »
This is my fault too, as i had told George a long time ago that in any chance he would give the turbo away i would be the first to communicate. He did told me and i answered that i was not yet sure, according to many many issues. This is why he contacted with you here, as me or any else would have done. I finally took the decision to go through and take George's turbo, but didn't call him soon enough as to prevent him from posting here. A big sorry from me too, and i hope that the ones that were interested in it won't have hard feelings for me or George. He did keep his word, and it was tough for him as he had contacted other people too, not knowing my final intentions. Misunderstandings happen all the time, i know and i have been there many times, i know you have too, so i hope you see this from the bright side....

Offline spider

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 07:00:18 PM »
No, wait, its my fault!! Arabas did you get his turbo as part of the deal?

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 03:45:54 AM »
No, wait, its my fault!! Arabas did you get his turbo as part of the deal?
??
no, i didn't get his turbo. i got the price i posted here (300euros).
gmtech is a respected guy here and has been helping us a lot with his valuable experience and i felt like apologising..
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline spider

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »
?? Just kidding. Sorry for the ?? I asked about the turbo figuring it was probably difficult to come across one locally. I'm assuming that was your original one.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 12:00:05 AM »
FELLAS!  Relax, this is all my fault.  I was the one who order the 7th round of drinks and caused everyone to forget what we all talked about before.  But, for the record, I did PAY for the 8th round as an apology.  I thought we were all good and had moved past this?  If not, why did we do shots of Tequila after the 8th round?  At this point, I'm just starting to wonder if the 10th round was just you all looking for a free drink....
Make the right choices now

Offline SHiNY

• Faster than Slowest Romanian
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 08:18:33 AM »
FELLAS!  Relax, this is all my fault. 
Everything is always your fault! :D

Offline BSRL

• Founding Member
  • Tech
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 09:19:16 AM »
??
no, i didn't get his turbo. i got the price i posted here (300euros).
gmtech is a respected guy here and has been helping us a lot with his valuable experience and i felt like apologising..

He got a hell of a deal for a big wheel turbo at $399.

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »
FELLAS!  Relax, this is all my fault.  I was the one who order the 7th round of drinks and caused everyone to forget what we all talked about before.  But, for the record, I did PAY for the 8th round as an apology.  I thought we were all good and had moved past this?  If not, why did we do shots of Tequila after the 8th round?  At this point, I'm just starting to wonder if the 10th round was just you all looking for a free drink....

Just send me a check for $500.00 U.S. (that is still good, no?) and your guilt will be assaged in no time at all!   :lol:
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 10:58:21 AM »
He got a hell of a deal for a big wheel turbo at $399.
i suppose so. i wasn't expecting to make any money from this one, maybe just a bit of "damage control".
mainly i wanted to give it to someone to give it a try and work it out
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB