Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Buttress Not Releasing (Pick To Open)  (Read 17359 times)

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
Re: Buttress Not Releasing (Pick To Open)
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2018, 05:28:06 PM »
I want to give out a Thank You to U4EA! :urock:
My passengerside buttress gave out on the way home today.  :gaah:
Got home came here to Kappaperfomance and in 10 minutes I had my trunk working again!
Great pics and info!!! :yay:
Tganks Again U4EA!!!!  :yay: :urock: :cool:
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter,...more to come!

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2018, 11:13:07 AM »
Another note not sure if this is your root cause: I've totally jacked up the top where it flys open when you're going fast.  I found if you release the main lock on the front of the top, it will create slack to unjam the pin from the trunk hole (the pin is putting lots of pressure, so friction holds the buttress in).  This assumes you don't have an issue with the cable release mechanism that is.
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2018, 10:10:03 PM »
No, just the plastic clip that keeps the ball at the end od the cd able for the buttress failed and broke apart.
Fixed it with a plastic wire tie.
But thanks for info.
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter,...more to come!

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2018, 10:07:21 AM »
Another note not sure if this is your root cause: I've totally jacked up the top where it flys open when you're going fast.  I found if you release the main lock on the front of the top, it will create slack to unjam the pin from the trunk hole (the pin is putting lots of pressure, so friction holds the buttress in).  This assumes you don't have an issue with the cable release mechanism that is.

This is my problem.  When I had new canvas put on my top, the place has it adjusted so it is hard to get the top to latch and I think that puts too much pressure on the pin.  I can usually get the buttresses to release when I unlatch the top.  I need to adjust the top, but I never remember to look on here for how to do that.

Offline KEP3

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2021, 06:04:17 PM »
I can't get mine to latch without a couple slams. And sometimes it pops up on it own.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 06:07:43 PM by KEP3 »