Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: The Intercooler Thread  (Read 96085 times)

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: The Intercooler Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2012, 09:52:19 AM »
Bottom line it was covered.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »
But since this is a change, the real question is does this boot you out of A Stock.
:D

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2012, 11:06:46 AM »
Only if the tech doesn't put it back together exactly as it was, which you know they won't do.  Probably should just order the better aftermarket one since he'll be in a different class now. :D
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2012, 11:15:10 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline old goat

• Master Tech
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2012, 12:14:45 PM »
I just had some intercooler whoa's and I learned something from them, I have a Dejon IC that was cracked by and asshat hitting my parked car while in Costco. It took a while for it to get bad enough to have to fix it or even be able to figure out what it was.

Here is the bottom line I put my stock IC back, drove it a couple of days until I could get up to see Dejon Dave at the Powerhouse to get it fixed, the stock IC worked fine with my Westers tune car drove better than it did with a cracked intercooler for sure. I then put the Dejon IC back with zero other changes to the car. The difference is very noticeable, car has way more low end torque, and spools up faster as well. I lost a couple of lbs of boost at first dropped from 25-26 to 23-24 now after some miles it is back up to 25. This stuff is not magic or conjecture by Bill Hahn or me it's this thing called physics, the stock intercooler is in simplest terms a 2" pipe that flows air while attempting to cool it. Almost all the aftermarket IC's are at least twice as big in volume, and flow more like a 3" pipe, increased volume means air is in IC longer to get cooled, cooler air denser charge, then add the increased flow and what's not to love. ANY aftermarket IC is better than that piece o' crap GM stuck us with, notice they don't use it on the Cobalt SS. When Lyndon Wester saw his first GXP he told me that stock intercooler is junk, the first add on part I bought way back when their was the Dejon or the RPI, that was it, and mine was the first one Dejon ever shipped. I got it just before the very first Mod Meet.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 12:19:11 PM by old goat »

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2012, 02:09:07 PM »
I have a cracked inter cooler :gaah:
Anyone know if it's covered under warranty GMPP?
Don't have the $$ for an aftermarket one right now so suggestions if it's not covered.
Thanks

I am on my second IC. Just had it replaced yesterday and it was covered under warranty.
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.