Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Stalling out AGAIN!!!! WTF!!!  (Read 1330 times)

BlackSunShine

Stalling out AGAIN!!!! WTF!!!
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:55:14 PM »
If you all remember about 3 months ago, I had an unknown, undetectable issue that 2 speed shops and a dealership looked at. No one was able to find out what the problem was. After about 3 weeks, the issue disappeared and the car has been running fine; until today. Drove 3.5 miles to a store and had no issues. Drove the car home and during that same 3.5 mile ride, lost all boost and the car started sputtering, loosing power etc etc. I actually made it home this time. Popped the hood and notice what looked like oil or fuel on the inside of the hood and on the plastic side of the windshield; firewall. I'm thinking that it might be the fuel filter? The oil marks are inline with it.  I tightened all the bolts down. see what happens.

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
Re: Stalling out AGAIN!!!! WTF!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 09:12:44 PM »
Were the oil filler cap and dipstick tight ?

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:34:20 PM »
Curiosity compels me to ask, do you have an aftermarket fuel filter, because if you don't, the fuel filter is located in the gas tank, if indeed our cars do have a fuel filter?
Aggressive #000741

Offline spider

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:29:44 PM »
If it were fuel you would smell it.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 01:20:45 AM »
do you have photo's of the mess? 

what happened 3 months ago that just happened again?  Oil change?  Weather change?  left a light on?  had to park outdoors?  Something must connect the two.  Bad gas?

Try pulling fuses for ecm.   I think they are 41 42 43.  One of those is the turbo, the other two are the ECM.  I can't remember which is which right now.  See if that makes a difference.  Obviously by pull the fuses, I mean pull the fuse and then put them back in  :)  just wait a few minutes in between.

GJ
Make the right choices now