Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Leaving the street scene  (Read 2460 times)

Offline 2.0 tspeed

• Master Tech
Leaving the street scene
« on: February 07, 2011, 08:39:41 AM »
Well guys I Finnaly decided to leave the street scene. I'm pretty much sick of the bs, drama, and just the kids that come with it. Over the weekend I had a nice big wake up call. I have a couple rules when it comes to street racing I's never do a dig/ dead stop race on the highway. Well I ran this Acura integra with a k20 swap. Pretty much we where dead even from a 20 roll. Yes I'm on my weaker tune and easily could of taken him on my old 26 psi tune.
After all the smack talking from the other party I caved amd said fine I'll do a dig. I knew better then to do it. The high way was sandy so i knew I'd spin and I was breaking one of my rules. Well I did it and after the race I realized it was time to leave the scene. I made a bad judgement cause I wanted to beat what some cocky kiD. I knew then I had to go it wasn't worth it or my life. So I went on all my local forums and asked for a account delete, to tje moderators. This I's the response I got from a couple ( lol we don't delete accounts ) that pretty much shows the maturity level of the scene I'm around.
I'm going legit now. I'm looking forward to bigger and better things

Formally Slowsol with a 07 solstice gxp e85 331whp 400wtq trifecta tune
2013 verano turbo

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Leaving the street scene
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:55:46 AM »
although it is fun sometimes, you easily meet stupid people during these "events"
i know i have for sure...

r u thinking of participating in organised events (drag 1/4 mile, circuit etc)?
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:00:29 AM »
I gave up on steret race since 2009, I only raced known people, very strong drivers who know their cars but since I started to go real races with professional timing systems I realized how different is from street racing.

I was loosing many street races because I'm a true sportsman and I can't steal on start, "brake boost" and other minor things which can make difference, I was doing it for the fun of competition but generally people doing street racing are lousy and they care about other things than fair-play.

I raced my GT on streets only when it was stock to check the real stock power and right after I tune it, I gave up soon on this even with my closest friends.

Go to strip, no more drama, no more stealing, no more nonsense comments, everything black on white.

I look forward to see your time-slips.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Buzzardt

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 09:25:17 AM »
Sounds like you are entering the world of grown ups. Congratulations.

Offline MomsSol

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:10:17 AM »
Just a FYI... I can tell you that many larger forums (don't know Joe's rules) that deletion of accounts can't be done due archive files and also should there come a time that any legal action requiring information on anyone's account the forum must make that available.

Has nothing to do with 'the maturity' of the forum.

Glad to see you've moved away from the street scene! :yay:
Just here to help a friend! :thumbs:
True Lady Gearhead :)
We'll Miss You PONTIAC! :cryin:

Offline baconbits

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »
They Don't screw around up here with street racing.. even speeding 50km over (30mph) will lose your car for 7 days..

# The maximum fine increases from $1,000 to $10,000 upon conviction for street racing, making it the highest penalty in Canada.  The minimum fine increases from $200 to $2,000.
# Police can issue an immediate seven-day driver’s licence suspension and seven-day vehicle impoundment for street racing, participating in a driving contest or stunt driving.
# Courts can impose a driver licence suspension of up to 10 years for a second conviction, if the second conviction occurs within 10 years of the first.  For a first conviction, the maximum licence suspension period remains at 2 years.
# The definition of a “driving stunt” includes driving a motor vehicle at 50 km/h or more above the posted speed limit.
# The Act also bans driving a motor vehicle on a highway with a connected nitrous oxide system

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 10:40:09 AM »
Go to Profile under Actions ==> Delete this account

Offline 2.0 tspeed

• Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 11:15:57 AM »
I'm
Not leaving this forum im leaving my local forums

Formally Slowsol with a 07 solstice gxp e85 331whp 400wtq trifecta tune
2013 verano turbo

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 11:20:32 AM »
I was just pointing out that it can be done.

Not advocating you do it.

Offline Dr. Gronk

• Master Tech
  • carpe diem incoronatus
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »
They Don't screw around up here with street racing.. even speeding 50km over (30mph) will lose your car for 7 days..

# The maximum fine increases from $1,000 to $10,000 upon conviction for street racing, making it the highest penalty in Canada.  The minimum fine increases from $200 to $2,000.
# Police can issue an immediate seven-day driver’s licence suspension and seven-day vehicle impoundment for street racing, participating in a driving contest or stunt driving.
# Courts can impose a driver licence suspension of up to 10 years for a second conviction, if the second conviction occurs within 10 years of the first.  For a first conviction, the maximum licence suspension period remains at 2 years.
# The definition of a “driving stunt” includes driving a motor vehicle at 50 km/h or more above the posted speed limit.
# The Act also bans driving a motor vehicle on a highway with a connected nitrous oxide system

Assuming you mean the ontario anti-racing laws, an officer recently, ahem, *educated* me that not only 50 km over, but 20 km over the rest of the traffic flow is also chargeable under the same anti-racing legislation.
so say theoretically doing 140km in a 100km, when the rest of traffic is going 120km.... not... that... I would ever go... that... speed.. :crazy: 

07 GXP - Trifectatated Hahn S20G - carpe diem incoronatus

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 04:48:09 PM »
140 km is only like what 84 mph or so, sheez no sense of humor.  You are only 24 over the 60 speed limit, what is wrong with him?  You had until 90 on the 50 over.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 05:54:20 PM »
I really was not into the street scene even when I was new to "Miss Red Eagle".  To many things can happen and they are all bad!!!  The worst would be to mess up and end up a "total".  I figured out a long time ago when GM stopped production of the Kappa's that conservative driving and safe driving was our best insurance policy!  I guess it's like going to vegas and betting the family farm and loosing!  Hey, are Kappa's are not in production any more.  That's enough right there to bring one to his or her senses.  Ain't no insurance policy anymore, or free get out of jail coupons available.  Now, if I were younger, my gene's might tell me to have a different perspective but those days are over.  I guess my glasses are fogged up but that is the way I see it.  I just want to own "Miss Red Eagle" as long as I live.  Uh, she is a member of the family!!! 
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust