Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Saturn Sky headlight adjustment  (Read 3053 times)

Offline pharmboy

• Premium Member
  • Tech
Saturn Sky headlight adjustment
« on: February 09, 2011, 11:36:09 PM »
Driving in the Tule fog of the Central Valley at night , validated my suspion that my headlights are not adjusted
to my liking. The low light beam is finitely toward the center on lane. I know about the "funnel" adjustmemt for
light beam cutoff. Is there an adjustment for right to left, besides maybe washers ?  anybody had any experience
here ?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:18:48 PM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline spider

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Re: SKY HEADLIGHT ADJUSTMENT
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 11:58:11 PM »
Probably only vertical like the solstice. The left one is inward slightly to not hit oncoming drivers as much.

Offline pharmboy

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:57:58 AM »
Screw them - this is raised pickups and suv country. In my sky you feel like a midget at a NBA game. I have a 99 quad cab to fit when I carry more 1 passenger. Considering hid low beams when warranty is up

Offline cartmann32

• Tech
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »
Solstice' and Sky's are completely different in the headlight department.....assuming you have projectors on your Sky (do all Sky's have projectors, or are some halogen reflector based?).

Sols have reflectors, which means crappy cutoffs...so they only have up and down.  Most stock projector headlights should be aimed properly by the manufacturer so you don't have to worry about horizontal alignment, just vertical.....but there may be a screw that lets you adjust the horizontal somewhere back there (never looked at a sky headlight before).   

Best thing to do....pull up to a wall (car on a level surface the whole time) and measure 25' back.  With your headlights 25' from a wall, measure the distance from the projector cutoff to the ground (at the headlight), now go to the wall and measure that distance.....the difference should be 2" lower on the wall........that's for NORMAL cars....I aim all my custom headlights on Solstice's at 1" cause we are like 'midgets playing in the NBA'.......you should be good after that

Trax Customs

If we can't do it, you don't need it

Offline NormSky

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Saturn Sky headlight adjustment
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 07:29:32 PM »
Center lane is probably where they should cross and be brightest as not to blind oncoming traffic. Unless yours are not assembled properly.

There is some slack if you were to loose all the nuts holding fixture and retighten in a certain position.
07 Sky Hahn Boosted - 44 MPG  40 mpg with air conditioning on.