Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: cylinder misfire code 2,3,4  (Read 4456 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
cylinder misfire code 2,3,4
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:35:57 PM »
I have a misfire code !   ? got it back a Month ago Gased up 1 time "265 miles now I was comming down the road & engine light flashes when I stop . When I take off it goes solid on again .I am below a 1/4 tank can that cause misfire code.Took it to dealethey told me it was misfire 2,3,4 . I was checking the codes on the Forum and saw P01303 anyway its low fuel code .Could that be causing the M/F codes??
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline spider

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Re: cylinder misfire code 2,3,4
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:58:23 PM »
What codes did you have? PO302,PO303,PO304? Not PO1303?<(its not listed in the workshop manual so I'm assuming its not used by our cars) So you are still on your 1st tank of gas since your engine was replaced? Possibly you have water condensing in your tank since its near empty in Maryland in the winter/spring? Starts & runs fine? No more issues with your battery? Is the GMPP kit attached/soldered properly? Did you get your hair cut again? Isn't that what caused your last engine to crap out?

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 08:34:04 AM »

Yes  ,Yes  ,Yes ,No ,No ,Yes , and No  in that Order :censor: . " If its Raining there you know what its like on the East Coast.Going to check it out this morning I hope .
                                            Thank You

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:38:19 AM by 1 LIL NDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:41:25 AM »
Fuel pump going bad?

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 09:18:34 AM »
Fuel pump going bad?

Don't know Dealer  Can't get to it before Monday.  Didn't feel like it was missing though just when I stop the engine light Blinks and goes solid w2hen I/m moving     :huh:    :idk: .

From June of last year the dealer has had it more then ME . " Still looking for a Spare ECM to put my Westers Tune on"      <---- 2008 GXP 5 Speed
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:21:59 AM by 1 LIL NDN »
Mods

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 09:43:04 AM »
Damn Bobby, you should ask them to make the payments as well.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 10:29:01 AM »
when it is flashing, it's not a good thing, it means that it happens at that moment. when the light stays on, it means it has recorded and kept the code in the memory.
so i suggest do not move it at all until you take it to the dealer.
does the HPFP looks like it is leaking?

DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 10:44:49 AM »
when it is flashing, it's not a good thing, it means that it happens at that moment. when the light stays on, it means it has recorded and kept the code in the memory.
so i suggest do not move it at all until you take it to the dealer.
does the HPFP looks like it is leaking?

George  as soon as I get a Dry enough Moment I'll check .Didn't smell any gas . I drove it right to the dealer on Wednesday when it happened . Code reader said it was Misfire
Mods

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 11:26:56 AM »
some of us here in Greece had random misfires once or twice but only happened one time and not repeatedly. some guys in the forums say that in our engines this happens (rarely but it does) but it's instant and very limited.
this pattern of continuously misfiring is something to look closely.
as DBG said it could be the pump going south or as Spider said it could be bad quality fuel.

don't drive it until you have to, to take t to the dealer.
hope you will get it fixed under warranty asap!!!
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Brad Kenny

• Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 12:25:05 PM »
At what point in MD does the "lemon law" go into effect? Seems to me Bobby that you might have better luck with another "newer" car. You might wanna look into this avenue as well as having the dealer "fix" your car again... Maybe a new dealership is in order. I have changed three times in as many years due to lack of trust of their abilities. You have a lot of history on this, you might actually have a case with GM here?
Continental Tires
DDM Works
StunnerLights.com
ASAP Graphics
King Penn
V-LEDs
Superbright LEDs

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 07:49:34 PM »
Took it in to dealer 3/15/11 They put new Plugs in test drive still had 0300,0302,0303,0304,codes

Damn Bobby, you should ask them to make the payments as well.
John ; I did just that and they wern't to Pleased
Fuel pump going bad?
Joe : wasn't Fuel pump

They called TAC ,explained what was happening. I also Called GM Pontiac customer assistants told them what I've been going through off & on From 6/24/10 till Now . They made contact w/service tech and then Gave me aCase file # NOW that was This Morning . Got the Car back tonight Now running Great and 3rd gear pulled 7,200 RPM's w/no break down. this is what TAC found.

Tag Number:  4096  License Plate:  1LILNDN 

Item  Pay Type  Item Status  Concern  Correction 
33  WARRANTY  Done     
51  WARRANTY  Done  CUSTOMER STATES SES LIGHT IS ON AND RUNNING ROUGH  DTC'S P0300,301,302.303.CLEAN CLEAN 2,3+4 SPARK PLUGS,MISFIRES STILL PRESENT,REPL #3+4,SLIGHT CHANGE IN MISFIRE GRAPH.CALL TAC CASE#71-913834549.VERIFY GOOD COMPRESSION,ATTEMPT TO PERFORM CRANK VARIATION RELEARN,PERFORM GLOBAL BATTERY DISCONNECT PROCEDURE TO CLEAR ALL MODULES,ROADTEST 20MI,NO DTC'S 

I hope this Fixes it

Mods

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 07:55:18 PM »
Good luck, I hope the problem is off for good  :thumbs:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 08:03:53 PM »
so all they did was disconecte the battery?  Wow. They really went out an a limb for this warranty repair...

LilNdn,
I hope you are done with this gremlin.  I think this is the same one Kelu had that he sent to me.  I scared it away and thought it was gone, but I see it found you.  Hopefully, you have put an end to it once and for all....

GJ
Make the right choices now

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 09:03:27 PM »
We can always hope it is the simple things.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 10:33:38 PM »
so all they did was disconecte the battery?  Wow. They really went out an a limb for this warranty repair...

LilNdn,
I hope you are done with this gremlin.  I think this is the same one Kelu had that he sent to me.  I scared it away and thought it was gone, but I see it found you.  Hopefully, you have put an end to it once and for all....

GJ

Sure hope so,started feeling like I was just a test Driver N not an Owner Time will tell.

We can always hope it is the simple things.
Thats what I've been saying and Hoping all along.    :thumbs:
Mods

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 10:26:21 PM »
Guess What This morning was going to get paint price 50MPH .Started Blinking again .  Same Ole - Same Ole MCMF 1,2,3,4 . Only Now GM is involved .They want to know why car w/21,527 miles Is not being fixed Properly for over 6 Months. Will let you all know of Outcome.   :slap:  :banghead:  :gaah:
Mods

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 07:06:02 AM »
1 LIL NDN, since the first time you got the codes and the second time the dealer had the codes, these were both times for cyl 2, 3 and 4 (both times cyl 1 was not misfiring), i guess it si not RANDOM misfire which someimes happens in our cars.
it should be something specific.
fuel rail, pump or something else... good thing is compression test was OK.

hope they solve it soon and once for all!
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
Re: Misfire and MIL
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 09:16:12 AM »
This info should be in the owner manual.  If the MIL (check engine light) flashes it is because the EMS (engine management system) has detected engine misfire that is severe enough to threaten the catalytic convertor - that is federal law for all cars with OBD2 sold in the U.S. since 1996. If the misfire condition reduces in severity the MIL will stay on until three passing drive cycles. The codes will be stored in memory for 40 passing warmups.

Clear Skies
Scanner

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 10:30:36 PM »
Bobby, they had to replace the turbo already right?  Engine is still the original correct?

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 01:15:33 PM »
Thats right John they just put the rings,pistons rods?  .Rebuilt .
Mods

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 02:56:38 PM »
First thing, that procedure only works on the LE5
,ATTEMPT TO PERFORM CRANK VARIATION RELEARN

Perhaps your GMPP Connections are crap and causing the issues.  The crimps they use aren't any good and soldering the connections is the only way to fix that.  Not sure if it will help but it appears they are shooting from the hip.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 06:38:34 PM »
First thing, that procedure only works on the LE5
Perhaps your GMPP Connections are crap and causing the issues.  The crimps they use aren't any good and soldering the connections is the only way to fix that.  Not sure if it will help but it appears they are shooting from the hip.
I told them about that , how others have had problems with that. They told me they would check them before doing anything else First . I wonder if they will. On Saturday they also said they were replacing the ECM.  I   :idk:   
Mods