Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Sky VDI Fender Alignment  (Read 1486 times)

Offline JoshMcMadMac

• Master Tech
Sky VDI Fender Alignment
« on: March 14, 2011, 09:45:16 AM »
I finally got around to installing my vertical door kit last weekend.  Everything went pretty smooth, thanks to Joe's how-to guide and just paying attention while taking my time.  However, it seems like there is no way to get the fenders to ever get 100% back to where they sat when stock.  It is barely noticeable, and they are functional as they sit, but I am curious if it is just my inability to get them aligned perfectly or if this is pretty standard.  One side sticks out about 1/4" at the back corner, and the other is maybe 1/8" lower, showing more of the black gasket than it used to.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Sky VDI Fender Alignment
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 10:19:29 AM »
since the Sky fenders only have two screws on the top lip to hold the fender to the brace, one of them gets cut out when you install the kit.  To fix this, drill a hole to the left of the area cut out where it still sits flat to the brace below.  The used the slip on anchor nut in that position. 

See if that helps.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: Sky VDI Fender Alignment
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »
Here is a picture to help illustrate what DBG is talking about.
The one bolt you see, is the one we moved.  It used to be located where the cut out is
Notice how everything is lined up.  It's possible to get it perfect so you can't tell that you have VDI hinges when the door is closed.
Also, you can align the fender somewhat with the bolts on the underside of the fender.