Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Yamatr3's Body Kit Preview Pics  (Read 11034 times)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Yamatr3's Body Kit Preview Pics
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »
SO the wheels were supposed to go on today, did that happen?

Offline Lithium Lotus

• Master Tech
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »
looks good ;)
07 GXP: Natsumi "Summer Beauty"
Sold 08/2010

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 08:13:46 PM »
SO the wheels were supposed to go on today, did that happen?

No, I had to reschedule.  I had a business meeting this morning that I couldn't get out of.  We mocked up and test fit the wheels yesterday.  Next Sat they will be on and I will post new pics.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 11:33:07 PM »
Very cool...looking like my cars clone in silver...love it!
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline Filipp

• Master Tech
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2009, 12:02:34 AM »
What did you use to lower your car Yamatr? Eibach's or Coil Overs? Looks awesome btw, I like your sideskirt modification, definitely looks more like the club sport.

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 08:44:30 AM »
What did you use to lower your car Yamatr? Eibach's or Coil Overs? Looks awesome btw, I like your sideskirt modification, definitely looks more like the club sport.

I have KW coil overs.  I actually have my car set up a little high right now.  It used to be an inch lower.  I was hitting just too much stuff, so I raised it a bit.  At this height, it looks pretty good and I am not having any problems with clearance.  I might lower it about a half inch when I get my new wheels next weekend.

Offline Filipp

• Master Tech
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009, 02:38:28 PM »
I have KW coil overs.  I actually have my car set up a little high right now.  It used to be an inch lower.  I was hitting just too much stuff, so I raised it a bit.  At this height, it looks pretty good and I am not having any problems with clearance.  I might lower it about a half inch when I get my new wheels next weekend.

I think it looks great at that height, that's why I was asking. Since its not as low as some of the Eibach pictures iv seen and you don't really see the wheel gap to much. I guess that's the benefit of having coil overs where you can adjust them to the height you want, its just to bad they cost 1k+.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2009, 02:47:03 PM »
Love the front lip is that Norm's?  Whish there was one like that for the n/a nose
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2009, 02:52:11 PM »
I think it looks great at that height, that's why I was asking. Since its not as low as some of the Eibach pictures iv seen and you don't really see the wheel gap to much. I guess that's the benefit of having coil overs where you can adjust them to the height you want, its just to bad they cost 1k+.

Thanks for the compliment.  I agree with you on how much they cost.  I don't have a wife or kids, so my spending priorities are different than most LOL.

Love the front lip is that Norm's?  Whish there was one like that for the n/a nose

Yes it is Norms.  I liked it so much I bought the GXP front end and installed it on my car.  It was pretty simple.

Offline Filipp

• Master Tech
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2009, 04:00:21 PM »
Thanks for the compliment.  I agree with you on how much they cost.  I don't have a wife or kids, so my spending priorities are different than most LOL.

Yeah I think norm's package of front lip,fenders and sideskirts is the best looking body kit out there yet. Aftershock might come close once Rudy develops everything like a front lip and etc. I don't know if I should wait till Aftershock comes out with there stuff to see how it looks or just purchase norm's right now. But I think norm's would be cheaper since norm does his work in house and can paint it for you.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »
I like how you modified the side skirts!  They look awesome!  I have always loved the silver Solstice with black wheels also...what a "cool" looking combination.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 01:44:57 PM »
I like how you modified the side skirts!  They look awesome!  I have always loved the silver Solstice with black wheels also...what a "cool" looking combination.

Thanks Spikey,  The new wheels should make it look even better.  BTW, your car looks awesome too!  I wish I could have done black, but in Florida, it's a roaster.

Offline BADMONITO76

• Tech
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 04:47:57 PM »
Car looks Goooooooood!  :cheers: hey did you get aftermarket seats? just wondering?

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 06:08:16 PM »
Car looks Goooooooood!  :cheers: hey did you get aftermarket seats? just wondering?
Thanks!  No,  I had Joe from JPM redo them in leather.  my car originally had cloth.

Offline PubliusE

• Master Tech
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 08:55:01 PM »
Looks very nice.  The black and silver looks great.  I have a "Cool" car as well.  The one side panel looks slightly off color. Is that what it looks like up close or is it just the picture?  I'm always concerned about doing anything like this with my car from fear that silver is so hard to match.  That is the reason I haven't jumped and gone with Norm's rear valence. It's a great looking car you got.
all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »
Looks very nice.  The black and silver looks great.  I have a "Cool" car as well.  The one side panel looks slightly off color. Is that what it looks like up close or is it just the picture?  I'm always concerned about doing anything like this with my car from fear that silver is so hard to match.  That is the reason I haven't jumped and gone with Norm's rear valence. It's a great looking car you got.

Thanks!  Yeah, the color is off a little.  You are correct, silver is a biotch  to match.  Oh well, thats the price you pay.  Sooner or later I will have the whole car painted.  Just waiting on the money.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 11:15:58 PM by Yamatr3 »

Offline Frank I

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2009, 12:10:02 AM »
John:

I had not seen this post before.  Your car looks very good, almost a clone of Steves except in Silver.  I like what you did with the LED's in the fenders, neat trick.  Look forward to seeing it with the new wheels.  Take care and keep up the good work.

Frank I
Frank I

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2009, 08:34:22 AM »
John:

I had not seen this post before.  Your car looks very good, almost a clone of Steves except in Silver.  I like what you did with the LED's in the fenders, neat trick.  Look forward to seeing it with the new wheels.  Take care and keep up the good work.

Frank I

Thanks for the compliments!  Yeah Steve got his done before me (Love his car too).  I can't leave well enough alone, thats why I modified the fenders and scoops...LOL

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2009, 07:44:53 PM »
Did the rims go on last weekend as planned?

Offline idkfa

• Violent Jain
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • mostly harmless
    • Make
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2009, 09:15:56 PM »
Hey that looks great man!