Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires  (Read 12018 times)

Offline timlange3

• Master Tech
Re: Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 10:13:38 AM »
Hi, how do the Super Sports perform in cold weather, say less than forty degrees?  I drive mine year round, but only when the roads are clear of snow and salt.
Thanks,
Tim.
Tim.

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 11:47:51 AM »
Do yourself a favor and get a winter set of tires and wheels. Ultra high performance tires are miserable in the cold. they are still drivable, but wont hook up at all if you push the car.

The Pilot super sport cup tires on the vette dont even thing about hooking up in sub 50 degree weather, and they are 345mm wide.
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline Treeman

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 12:52:18 PM »
I drove mine in the upper thirties the other day and they were ok but I also suggest winter tires. And in the long term, it pays off. Use the expensive tires when the roads are good and the cheap ones when they arent
2009 Aggressive GXP
DDM Race Backbone, ProBeam, Coil Cover, Alignment, and Oil Catch Can
Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust
GMPP Tune
LatinVenom Front Brace
Werks Adjustable Sway Bars
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summers/Pirelli 240 Sottozero Winters
Sound Deadener Showdown
Beach Party Central Custom Fusebox Cover
JPM Arm Rests
Lead Foot!

Offline Treeman

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »
Its my daily driver.
2009 Aggressive GXP
DDM Race Backbone, ProBeam, Coil Cover, Alignment, and Oil Catch Can
Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust
GMPP Tune
LatinVenom Front Brace
Werks Adjustable Sway Bars
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summers/Pirelli 240 Sottozero Winters
Sound Deadener Showdown
Beach Party Central Custom Fusebox Cover
JPM Arm Rests
Lead Foot!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 09:26:56 PM »
I'm at 66k on my stock tires. Running out of tread. I've been looking at these same tires for a few weeks. Ordering my new brake pads first and then my new Michelin Pilot Super Sports the week after. With only 30k warrantee, I probably wont get much past a year with these, but looks like a good investment for quality traction. Since this is my daily driver, I can switch to my snow tires during the colder months, giving them a little rest; help them last into the next year.

If you all think this is a bad tire for a daily driver, please someone speak up. I've never run Michelins before...always been a yokohama fan...

I got Cooper Zoin All weather Proformance Radials No Snow to check them in this year,But they don't Slip & Slid on Wet Ground , I think they are 50,000 mile tires .
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline numbbers

• Tech
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 12:13:25 AM »
I have been running the PS2s on the Mallett for about a year now, and am very happy.  There is no comparison to the Goodyears.  Great tire.
Thanks, Dave Russell

Mallett #33
VIN #1G2MB35B27Y106697
Deep
Ebony Leather
Chrome