Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Problems installed brake kit... any advice would be appreciated  (Read 1241 times)

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
Hi, I was hoping someone could shed some light on a problem I have yesterday. First off, I'll quote the email I just sent to Todd. I don't feel like retyping...
-----------------
Hi Todd,
I tried installing the front brake kit that I bought from you last fall and I ran into a problem. It seems that the end of the metal brake line is a little bigger than the end of the braided steel brake line that came with the kit. I didn't know this at the time and was actually able to get the left drivers side installed and it doesn't seem to be leaking.

But the one on the passenger side was stripped before I realized what was going on so now I have to install a new metal brake line from the master cylinder to the passenger side of the car. Have you run into this? Do I have the wrong braided steel brake line?

The measurements on the stock nipple that screws in is 9.83mm (.387 in) and the measurements on a brake line I bought to test the size of the braided steel line is 9.37 mm (.369 in).

This is a 2008 Solstice GXP in Canada. Do this have different size brake lines that in the USA.

Please advice.

Thanks.
Deron
------------------------

So first off... I've never had to install a metal brake line from the master cylinder to the front passenger wheel before. I have to do it from below and there isn't much room even jacked up... so any hints would be welcome. I'm not looking forward to this part of the fix.

My second concern is the the nipple seems to be larger on the stock line compared to the male stainless steel end? Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it slightly larger.... are they "METRIC" because it's a Canadian GXP. That won't make sense?

Do I need to get new brake lines from Todd, back and front? The one of the driver side seem to be on and working, do I need to remove and replace that with a larger diameter male line?

Any help of feedback would be appreciated.

On a side note they look great and the kit is easy to install if not for this one snag.

BTW... I would love to take it to the dealer to have them sort it out, but it's not safe to drive.

Thank.
2008 Mean Yellow GXP, RDC Exhaust, Westers Race Tune, BC Racing coil overs, ZOK Rear Sway bar and poly bushings front and rear.

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Problems installed brake kit... any advice would be appreciated
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
i believe there is no difference in the kappas brakes and lines, no matter where they are located. this kind of localization doesn't apply, not even for the european GT.
i believe that by accident you probably have been sent the wrong lines.
after you get a reply, ship them back and get a set of the correct ones.
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Problems installed brake kit... any advice would be appreciated
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 08:59:12 PM »
I believe our are a 3/16 brake line fitting.