Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: The science behind going fast.  (Read 934 times)

Offline timlange3

• Master Tech
The science behind going fast.
« on: May 03, 2011, 02:19:45 PM »
If you are interested in the physics of going fast (heavy on the word physics), here is some interesting reading:

http://phors.locost7.info/contents.htm
Tim.

Offline Brazen17

• Lifetime Supporting
  • Gearhead
Re: The science behind going fast.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:14:20 PM »
As Tim Allen would say, "More Power"!
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 10:48:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing these great reference articles. I just finished reading a book called Going Faster[Mastering the art of road racing,The Skip Barber Racing school]. Excellent book ,easy to read, photos and diagrams and sure to make you faster on the track including those that Autocross {Principles are the same]. I ordered my book from Pegasus Racing. If you race ,get it,get it get it
Bates cylinder sleeves/oil pump,Carillo Rods,Wiseco pistons,Ferrea valves/springs,CNC Race Ported head,Neutral balance shafts,CustomATI Damper,ZOK suspension,Custom Roll Bar and Wind Splitter by Chassis Concepts,6 pt Schroth harness,Extreme Dimension nose,Fidenza Flywheel/Spec3+ clutch,OZ ultrleggra wheels,Hoosier A6/R6 tires,Norms Fiberglass side vented fedders,side skirts and rear race bumper/fascia

Offline DrJones

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 06:07:06 AM »
The skip barber book is a great one.
I bought it back in High School and still pull it out for reference every once in a while.
2007 - GXP - White
F-Prepared - Crazy Monkey Racing
Westers Garage/Norms Fiberglass/AVON TYRES