Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Good bye,going to Race School in 5 days  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
Good bye,going to Race School in 5 days
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »
I just can.t wait! On May 8th Mothers Day and my Birthday,I am flying to Phoenix to attend the Bob Bondurant racing school. 4 days,6hours /day behind the wheel of c6 400hp 6 speed Corvette, actually the last day I will be driving Formula Mazda. I am worried because they warn of having a erection lasting more than 4 hours ,you should call your Doctor .
Bates cylinder sleeves/oil pump,Carillo Rods,Wiseco pistons,Ferrea valves/springs,CNC Race Ported head,Neutral balance shafts,CustomATI Damper,ZOK suspension,Custom Roll Bar and Wind Splitter by Chassis Concepts,6 pt Schroth harness,Extreme Dimension nose,Fidenza Flywheel/Spec3+ clutch,OZ ultrleggra wheels,Hoosier A6/R6 tires,Norms Fiberglass side vented fedders,side skirts and rear race bumper/fascia

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
Re: Good bye,going to Race School in 5 days
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:30:32 PM »
Just try not to get it tangled in the wheel!

Offline Excelsior

• Lifetime Supporting
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 12:39:05 AM »
Hey wait!  Wasn't that for two and I was supposed to be your co-driver?
---==--- ---==--- Bruiser ---==--- ---==---
|http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3335365|
---==--- ---==--- --==-- ---==--- ---==---
Attendee: 2010 NASSM | 2011 SMMM8

Offline TerryT

• Tech
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 01:17:56 AM »
Hi Graywolf,

I'm currently at the school. Finished the third day of 'Vettes today and do the Formula Mazdas tomorrow. A complete and total blast!!!!!

Everybody's great. Very, very knowledgeable and talented staff of instructors. Bob just turned 78 and he's still out at the facility almost every day. Friendly, great guy.

Don't know how old you are but I'm 60 and the pace is really kicking my ass. Enjoying the hell out of all of it, but pretty wore out by the end of the day. Heat is kicking in a little also. 100 today and the same for tomorrow.

If you like great steaks and great wine, try Flemings. I ate there Sunday night and I'm going back tomorrow night to celebrate the week. (Unless I wrap a Mazda around something tomorrow...)

Good Luck!!!! You're gonna LOVE it!!!!!!
It's not the Years, It's the Mileage
09 GXP, Wicked w/Tan top, Baccarat Wheels, MBRP Exhaust & Intercooler Pipes, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,LV Brace, ZOK Rear Sway Bar, Custom Windrestrictor, Vredestein Tires, Solo Hi-Flo Cat, DDM Turbo Upgrade.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Lifetime Supporting
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 08:58:37 AM »
BenL went last year as well.  Nothing but good stories about the school.  Have fun be safe, learn and drive, drive, drive.
2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension
Lambo Doors

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline elff

• The Devil made me do it
  • Lifetime Supporting
  • General Manager
    • Ryuk
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 09:07:45 AM »
I am Jealous!!
Have fun you lucky  :censor:
 :thumbs:

Offline Brazen17

• Lifetime Supporting
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »
I just can.t wait! On May 8th Mothers Day and my Birthday,I am flying to Phoenix to attend the Bob Bondurant racing school. 4 days,6hours /day behind the wheel of c6 400hp 6 speed Corvette, actually the last day I will be driving Formula Mazda. I am worried because they warn of having a erection lasting more than 4 hours ,you should call your Doctor .

Just don't confuse it with the stick shift! Hope you have a blast!
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 10:32:24 AM »
Sounds awesome! Enjoy it and come back and brag!  :yay:

Offline Kenny

• "The Professor"
  • Lifetime Supporting
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
Share pics and vids if you can!
2007 Sky Redline - Wester's Tuned - GMPP sensors - RMR Roll Bar - Kirkey Seats
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List
kennysabarese.com - Photos - Facebook - Twitter - RSS

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 09:51:50 PM »
Terry, Can't believe someone replied that is out there now and having a great time . I am 64 but but way younger than my stated age.Glad you are having a great time and thanks for the tip on Flemming's. Love a great steak. The rest of you are invited to come with me. They still might have some spaces left. Thanks for your well wishes.
Bates cylinder sleeves/oil pump,Carillo Rods,Wiseco pistons,Ferrea valves/springs,CNC Race Ported head,Neutral balance shafts,CustomATI Damper,ZOK suspension,Custom Roll Bar and Wind Splitter by Chassis Concepts,6 pt Schroth harness,Extreme Dimension nose,Fidenza Flywheel/Spec3+ clutch,OZ ultrleggra wheels,Hoosier A6/R6 tires,Norms Fiberglass side vented fedders,side skirts and rear race bumper/fascia

Offline TerryT

• Tech
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 08:13:38 AM »
Hi Graywolf,

Some more stuff just FYI. When you get there they'll offer you the option to get the staff photographer to take track photos. It's pricey, but I went ahead and went for it. At the end of the day, I'm really glad I did. At the end of the 4 days he gave me a memory stick with about 80 shots on it. All of them are very good and several are going to get enlarged for my wall.

The one thing that impressed me over and over again was how nice everybody was. Bob Bondurant is a really nice guy (at least that's what my brief time with him leads me to believe) and he has surrounded himself with employees that reflect his philosophy. It's truly fun and I learned a HUGE amount.

Good Luck,and have a Great Time!!!!!
It's not the Years, It's the Mileage
09 GXP, Wicked w/Tan top, Baccarat Wheels, MBRP Exhaust & Intercooler Pipes, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,LV Brace, ZOK Rear Sway Bar, Custom Windrestrictor, Vredestein Tires, Solo Hi-Flo Cat, DDM Turbo Upgrade.