Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Introducing the new WERKSracing Kappa Rear Frame Brace!!!  (Read 3590 times)

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
Introducing the new WERKSracing Kappa Rear Frame Brace!!!
« on: May 18, 2011, 02:25:02 PM »
No fancy names here, just products that work - Introducing the new WERKSracing Kappa Rear Frame Brace!!!

The WERKSracing Rear Frame Brace bolts into the OEM rear subframe mounting holes and rigidly couples the rear of your Kappa like nothing else on the market! Through turns the rear end plants the power down a ton better than without a brace allowing you to exits turns a lot faster than before!

Features -

- Black powdercoated finish with WERKS logo
- Mild steel tubing
- Clears most exhaust systems on the market
- Easy bolt in installation
- Works in conjunction with other manufacturer's rear braces

WERKSracing Rear Frame Brace -

Installed on car at ride height -

Installed on car on jack stands -

Available here for $225.00 -
http://www.performanceautowerks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=334_165_216&products_id=1884
Dave Gilbert
Performance Autowerks, Inc.
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Anthony's SKY Redline LNF - GT35R - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 442whp/414ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs
Matt's Cobalt SS LNF Billet 55/57 WERKs turbo - 93 Octane - 442whp/450ftlbs
www.performanceautowerks.com
info@performanceautowerks.com

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Re: Introducing the new WERKSracing Kappa Rear Frame Brace!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 02:57:52 PM »
Dave at Performance Autowerks, Inc, may I ask if you have performed some tests on the vehicle prior to the addition of the WERKSracing Kappa Rear Frame Brace and then after, to compare performance parameters achieved?.  Just wandered about parameters of performance expectations and gains that are expected with this product.  You know in my signature what Carol and I have added to Miss Red Eagle thus far in the way of modifications.  I kind of have and idea of what your response will be but just wandered if you have done an analysis.  I really do not race the Eagle.  Thanks for your response!   :thumbs:  :brnout: :drag: 
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »
looks like it mounts to the bottom of the strut towers in back but what does it mount ot in the front?

GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:12:51 PM »
looks like it mounts to the bottom of the strut towers in back but what does it mount ot in the front?

It mounts to the lower rear control arm mounts at the rear of the car and to the hole in the front of the rear control arm mounts.
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »
thanks
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 03:32:39 PM »
Dave at Performance Autowerks, Inc, may I ask if you have performed some tests on the vehicle prior to the addition of the WERKSracing Kappa Rear Frame Brace and then after, to compare performance parameters achieved?.  Just wandered about parameters of performance expectations and gains that are expected with this product.  You know in my signature what Carol and I have added to Miss Red Eagle thus far in the way of modifications.  I kind of have and idea of what your response will be but just wandered if you have done an analysis.  I really do not race the Eagle.  Thanks for your response!   :thumbs:  :brnout: :drag:

Yes we do a test similar to what DDM does in that we set the vehicle on jack stands and measure sag.  For this test and all of our suspension bracing tests here is my procedure -

1) I set the "NAK3D" car on 4 jack stands attached to the 4 jacking points on the chassis and on our level alignment surface.  The "NAK3D" reference means the new part is not installed.  
2) Since this is a rear brace item I then place our floor jack on the front passenger side lower control arm rearward mount and lift until the chassis comes off the passenger side rear jack stand.  
3) I then record the distance from the jack stand to the chassis and repeat for the driver's side.  I then average the 2 measurements in this case it was 13.2mm.
4) I then lower the car back down on the jack stands and installed the rear frame brace.
5) I then repeat steps 2 and 3 which resulted in a new sag measurement of only 10.7mm which was 2.5mm less or 19% stiffer.
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 09:20:26 PM »
sweeeeeettttt!!!!!
COMPOUND TURBOS (GT2860r & GT4294r) goal 800hp

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:
https://www.facebook.com/SKY888CompoundTurbo

SPONSORS:
aeroforce.com, nitrofreeze.com, forgestar.com, splitsec.com, turbosmartonline.com, k1technologies.com, supertechperformance.com, specclutch.com, rceng.com, statusracing.com, tceperformanceproducts.com, burnsstainless.com, performanceautowerks.com, ddmworks.com, turbowerx.com, BTF

Offline Dr. Gronk

• Master Tech
  • carpe diem incoronatus
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 01:21:51 AM »
Looks good! Makes me consider how much stiffness I'd get welding up my trailer hitch with cross braces to my pro-beam.... Dave/werks weld a 1.25" receiver on there with a little extension and call it a day!

07 GXP - Trifectatated Hahn S20G - carpe diem incoronatus