Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: OBD Torque Tuning Thread.  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Dr. Gronk

• Master Tech
  • carpe diem incoronatus
OBD Torque Tuning Thread.
« on: May 30, 2011, 03:33:48 PM »
So I bought a cheap Blue Tooth OBD link and installed Torque. It looks like you can data log any custom PID's which is pretty cool. Torque calculates HP torque at the wheels using Accelerometers and/or GPS in your phone. A couple early observations is that the HP and torque numbers seem lower than expected based on my setup, though it is hard to get more that 300 hp at the wheel before my eagle F1's squeal (which affects hp/torque calcs).  The second observation was the intake air temperature is 40-50 degrees more than ambient air temp (if I recall correctly), I'm not educated on what should be expected yet, but it makes me ponder if my hahn fmic isn't clogged with oil (something perhaps to look at after occ is installed).

Anyone using Torque, or can suggest a typical set of pids to log for general performance/health?  Anyone know the correct pids for knock retard?

07 GXP - Trifectatated Hahn S20G - carpe diem incoronatus

Offline shabby

• Master Tech
Re: OBD Torque Tuning Thread.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 04:13:07 PM »
There are two intake temp sensors, one at the maf and one in the ic pipe, is torque picking up iat2 from the ic pipe?

Offline Dr. Gronk

• Master Tech
  • carpe diem incoronatus
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 08:36:17 PM »
I'll grab the PIDs for each the next time I connect.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »
Anyone using Torque, or can suggest a typical set of pids to log for general performance/health?  Anyone know the correct pids for knock retard?

I'm using Rev2 with the Kiwi Wifi and have the exact same question.
Currently I am monitoring iat, fuel trim short and long, boost, maf

I couldn't find anything to monitor knock which I am surprised by.

Looking forward to hearing an answer from the more knowledgable ppl.

Offline Dr. Gronk

• Master Tech
  • carpe diem incoronatus
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 01:03:01 PM »
I thought I could see the PIDs for the standard datalog elements in Torque but I can't, I would have to assume it's intake air temp. Does anyone know the PIDs for both iat sensors and I'll add custom for both and see?

I ran a bunch of datalogs and it looks like my iat is generally 5-15F hotter than ambient.   I'm wondering if this is a good indication my IC needs to be cleaned (after OCC install)? Any other indicators without pulling the IC out to look?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:48:13 PM by Dr. Gronk »

Offline rlhammon

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 03:59:43 PM »
So I bought a cheap Blue Tooth OBD link and installed Torque. It looks like you can data log any custom PID's which is pretty cool. Torque calculates HP torque at the wheels using Accelerometers and/or GPS in your phone. A couple early observations is that the HP and torque numbers seem lower than expected based on my setup, though it is hard to get more that 300 hp at the wheel before my eagle F1's squeal (which affects hp/torque calcs).  The second observation was the intake air temperature is 40-50 degrees more than ambient air temp (if I recall correctly), I'm not educated on what should be expected yet, but it makes me ponder if my hahn fmic isn't clogged with oil (something perhaps to look at after occ is installed).

Anyone using Torque, or can suggest a typical set of pids to log for general performance/health?  Anyone know the correct pids for knock retard?

I've recently started using Torque and wondered if anyone has answers to the custom PID's for knock or not.

Also, when using Torque to get HP and Tq. numbers, remember not to compare them to a dyno.  On a dyno the car has no load from wind resistance, when you are driving... you do.  Real wind resistance will eat away at your numbers more than you think.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »
The stock tires are your worst enemy

DashBoss from the maker of the Dashjawk allows you to monitor Knock and Misfires [Both Current and history] by simply selecting them.
It's much more responsive than the Kiwi ever was and the app is much better than Rev and Dashcommand.

I really think its the best smart phone app at the moment for this type of thing.    It's an iPhone only app.