Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2008+ 2.4L weaker motor????? "YES"  (Read 28518 times)

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: 2008+ 2.4L weaker motor????? "YES"
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 08:30:47 PM »
No
It's an LNF
Sorry, My bad
Different engine different situation
unrelated

Offline Brad Kenny

• Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »
I still say anyone willing to "boost" an NA engine should seriously look into upgrading the rods, pistons, and sleeves.  Unless you are boosting for the purposes of R&D to see what the engine can hold, it definitely can't hurt. A bullet-proof motor is a guarantee of years of enjoyment with little worries. JMHO.

And the reason I have yet to "go big". Still sourcing parts and kits for my "big upgrade". I personally want the biggest bang for my buck without risking not having a car to drive while my engine is rebuilt due to not being smart in the first place.
Continental Tires
DDM Works
StunnerLights.com
ASAP Graphics
King Penn
V-LEDs
Superbright LEDs

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 09:58:35 AM »
I understand this is an old thread.  I had posted in another forum asking specifically about 2.4 block strength.  A comment from AFI said they build 500+HP LEA/LAF engines all day.  So you take a LEA/LAF short block and install the LE5 top end on it.

LEA / LAF engines wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Ecotec_engine#Generation_III
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 07:05:33 PM »
DDM would be one to ask but I would have to check but I think that GM built race engines to substantially more HP than that. Of course race engines don't have to last long...
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 07:21:08 PM »
Yup, most race teams rebuild an engine after a very small number of races, if not after every one, depending on budget.

What's the point of the generic engine page?
Most of us have already seen that.

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 01:22:51 PM »
Yup, most race teams rebuild an engine after a very small number of races, if not after every one, depending on budget.

What's the point of the generic engine page?
Most of us have already seen that.

There was no mention of LEA or LAF blocks in this thread, so that wiki was a convenience link for the lazy who are wondering who LEA is.

I think of forum posts as repositories for information, so when someone Googles something like "Stronger 2.4 LE5 Block" they will come across this sticky, and see that it is possible to use an LEA/LAF block for turbo builds.

Because I had trouble finding more sources on this 2.4 engine/block subject, I mark that as a "hole" in the internet, so hopefully this throws dirt in the hole and helps someone in the future.
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 04:19:53 PM »
There was no mention of LEA or LAF blocks in this thread, so that wiki was a convenience link for the lazy who are wondering who LEA is.

I think of forum posts as repositories for information, so when someone Googles something like "Stronger 2.4 LE5 Block" they will come across this sticky, and see that it is possible to use an LEA/LAF block for turbo builds.

Because I had trouble finding more sources on this 2.4 engine/block subject, I mark that as a "hole" in the internet, so hopefully this throws dirt in the hole and helps someone in the future.

I've got to admit, I love the idea of "holes in the internet"
Make the right choices now

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »
DON'T GOOGLE THAT!
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline tallcraig

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 11:56:32 PM »

I would like to build a replacement for my LE5 so any new information would be appreciated.
"Little Miss Sunshine" or "Yellow Bastard"

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2017, 12:23:33 PM »

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2017, 09:49:21 AM »
DON'T GOOGLE THAT!

TOO LATE!  :barf:

GM Sport Compact Performance Build Book - 3rd Edition
http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/j2c6vi686d34ogo32ore.pdf

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2017, 11:57:22 AM »
I've got to admit, I love the idea of "holes in the internet"

I work for Cisco.  It's a well-held secret that we deliberately build holes into the internet for nefarious purposes.

Oh, wait, ignore that I said that.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »
I thought that was Foundery?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2018, 08:03:15 AM »
Interesting note:

I bought a low miles LEA 2.4L jy long block for $600 about a year ago.  These days they are going for something like $1300-1,600 with quite a few miles!!  Interesting how the used market can swing like this; is it price fixing or is it that Gen3 are good engines?