Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Poor headlight performance  (Read 11726 times)

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Poor headlight performance
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 12:14:41 PM »
Buddy, there's a minion in your car!!!!!!!

looking good ophidia!
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 04:21:45 PM »
Haha, its actually a shocked smiley face but youre not the first person to call it a minion.  :D

Cant wait to see how these are at night now.
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 06:58:37 PM »
What kit did you buy from xenon depot?
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2011, 11:52:09 PM »
Xtreme HID Phillips 4300k. They were running 15% off anything over $250 when I bought them. Only around another $25 over the regular Xtreme HID kit so I figured, why not?

Consensus after my drive home from my friends, they are pretty nice. I like that the empty holes from the halogen bulbs are now filled in and the beam is wider. Im just not happy with the distance of them. They really didnt end up lighting much further out than the halogens. Perhaps they were never adjusted properly to begin with?
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2011, 12:59:41 AM »
Xtreme HID Phillips 4300k. They were running 15% off anything over $250 when I bought them. Only around another $25 over the regular Xtreme HID kit so I figured, why not?

Consensus after my drive home from my friends, they are pretty nice. I like that the empty holes from the halogen bulbs are now filled in and the beam is wider. Im just not happy with the distance of them. They really didnt end up lighting much further out than the halogens. Perhaps they were never adjusted properly to begin with?

With our low cars, and these sharp/defined projector cutoffs, perhaps raising your headlights a little will give you the desired effect?  Mine always put a smile on my face in the light they "throw" down the road.  I can see my sharp cutoff a far distance away.

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2011, 05:11:22 PM »
From 25' away, what is the measurement from the ground to the top of the cutoff on your car? I adjusted mine quick, and I put them at ~30-33" from that distance. About the height to the top of one of the drawers in the one picture I took.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:14:28 PM by ophidia31 »
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2011, 05:38:04 PM »
at 25 feet the center of your high head light beam should be 3 inches below the actual height of the light.  If you measure from the ground to the bulb (we will use 43 inches as an example) then the center of the projected light should be at 40 inches
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2011, 04:20:19 PM »
I adjusted it a bit higher last night, and while no one was flashing me, it seemed a bit too high. In the distance, the cutoff would reach the tops of some houses. From the ground to the adjustment circle on my car is ~26.5". I adjusted it back down to ~30" @ 25ft from the 36" I put it to after adjusting it again. The increase in brightness was what I wanted but  dont think putting it back down to 30" will take much of that away.
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2011, 11:06:26 PM »
Yah, especially with a really bright setup, and a sharp cut off, it'll take a bit to get it just right.  I also tend to drop my driver side one a little lower than my passenger side one, and then spread them a little.  I find this gives me good throw, without being anoying to anything unless you're around someone's blind spot from the left, which you shouldn't be doing much of anyways.  I find the slightly higher passenger side one also lights up signs mounted high up much better, like on a highway, again, because of the sharp/defined cutoff.  But once you get it just right, you'll love your lighting now.