Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Drag Racing Slips  (Read 64864 times)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Drag Racing Slips
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2018, 08:49:47 AM »
I don't go to the strip anymore but here is my best. My time is the left

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2018, 08:10:23 AM »
Nicer 60ft than I can pull off.  I am planning on going back Oct 24th if weather is good (50+F).  My schedule is extremely tight though, will do a few runs right when they open the gates and then skate in my skate.

Its pretty easy for me once I got the 2step tuned in.  Needs a little more tweaking and I could probably get it to about a 2.0 60 on stock old tires.  I'll take that!!

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2018, 12:03:08 PM »
I don't go to the strip anymore but here is my best. My time is the left

Hey!  You are fairly close to me!  We should meet up at Cecil County Dragstrip or another strip sometime!  It would be nice to be able to talk face to face with another kappa owner!  Maybe even get a couple of races on video!  Although, damn!  What a 60' there!  Did you do that with stock tires, or racing tires?

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2018, 05:22:56 AM »
Hey!  You are fairly close to me!  We should meet up at Cecil County Dragstrip or another strip sometime!  It would be nice to be able to talk face to face with another kappa owner!  Maybe even get a couple of races on video!  Although, damn!  What a 60' there!  Did you do that with stock tires, or racing tires?
Stock tires, dropped pressure to 19 psi in the rear and upped the front to 40.  The run was a cool day in November and the first run of the day after they warmed the track.  Left front tire came off the ground and right front almost off.  See photo of launch on this link. http://www.dragtimes.com/2007-Pontiac-Solstice-Pictures-22026.html

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2018, 11:47:20 AM »
Are you auto or 5 speed?

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2018, 12:03:24 PM »
Also,  have you ever run at Cecil County?  I'm just wondering how you would compare it regarding track prep with MIR. 

Clearly MIR has some incredibly good track prep, but I always thought Cecil was good as well.  It'd be nice to get your opinion.

Also, I didn't let air out of my tires at all.  I might have to lower them to 19 next time I go just to see if it helps me as much. 

Still incredibly impressive runs!  Especially on stock tires!

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2018, 12:10:07 PM »
Nevermind on the auto or manual I see now you are manual. 

Beyond the other questions like about the track....

We should totally meet up somewhere!  Our cars seem to be so close to one another (same mph)!  It would just be nice to be able to hang out with someone with the same platform car as my own....

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2018, 08:00:48 AM »
I've been to Cecil back in 2008, I don't drag race anymore, sold helmet.  May go to the Nationals next year.   There is not a drag strip in PA?  Cecil is pretty good hike for you. 

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2018, 03:29:37 PM »
There is but equidistant.  Like Beaver springs which is crappier.  You roll backward at the start line.  Then maple grove.  I've never been there.

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2018, 06:50:45 PM »
Not Kappa related, but the wife and I took our cars to the track today. The Camaro ran a 13.1 at 111 with me nearly smoking the clutch at the line. There's definitely something wrong there and I'm not making any more passes till I figure it out.

The wife ran a 13.4 at 109 on her first ever pass in the Charger (And first drag pass ever), not a bad place to start at all. She didn't launch the car, just left at the light, so she's sure to be in the 12's soon.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2018, 01:13:17 PM »
Uranium, what track are you guys going to?

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2018, 06:01:41 PM »
MIR, it's about 30 minutes from our house.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.