Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Let's Talk F1  (Read 445845 times)

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: Let's Talk F1
« Reply #3625 on: September 12, 2021, 10:45:41 AM »
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY
SHOEY

So I am curious how this incident will be viewed, but the 2 good things are
1. No one was hurt
2. Both drivers out of the race so no point advantage.

My take
Hamilton's fault. He did the same thing he did last time. Kept pushing Verstappen wide and did not leave any space.
Hamilton is lucky they have Halo's because without it, that tire would have fallen directly on him.

But the FIA favors MB so the decision on this will be interesting.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #3626 on: September 12, 2021, 11:04:39 AM »
Great race, lot's of suprises.  Bottas drove one hell of a race.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3627 on: September 12, 2021, 04:02:34 PM »
Stewards find Verstappen guilty of causing the accident, he was not even along side Hamilton therefore Hamilton did not have to give him racing room and could stay on the racing line. 

3 grid spot penalty at Russia in two weeks.

Looking at the replay in slow motion I agree, Verstappen's front wheel is between Hamilton's wheels, he should have backed out like Hamilton did on the first lap turn 4 incident.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3628 on: September 12, 2021, 04:38:24 PM »
I am with you elff, and as you can see the golden person is spared and the other guy gets crushed. Same for Perez where the FIA also favors Ferrari.
I am looking forward to the 2022 season to see if this crap stops since the FIA wants to level the playing field with the 2022 cars been pretty much the same.
If the same continues I am out just like all the other sports I no longer watch.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3629 on: September 12, 2021, 06:06:29 PM »
As far as the rules are concerned, I thought when a car is in this position, they have established track position
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Then let's look at how far left Hamilton went when he came out of the pits. 
I don't agree with the stewards and I don't believe they are applying the rules properly in this incident.
The above still picture clearly shows that Verstappen is past the halfway point of Hamilton's car. 
That was discussed in great detail earlier this season. 

On top of that, who was the idiot that thought putting obstacles in an area like that was a good idea, and how the hell did that pass any sort of safety standards.  If you leave the track and gain an advantage, you are required to give the position back, or get a time penalty.   

So adding a physical barrier is F-ing stupid.

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3630 on: September 12, 2021, 07:54:11 PM »
Elff, the FIA plays favorites. Just look at how they nerfed the Corvettes when Ford came back with the "GT without a V8".

Why else do you think I switched to grassroots drags racing? I got sick of the FIA favoring the better (read: more lucrative) story.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3631 on: September 13, 2021, 01:17:24 AM »
I don't actually care who got the penalty, I was just happy they took each other out of the race.  Without the two prima-donnas it was a pretty good race.  I just wish Bottas would have continued to go for the win instead of just following Perez knowing he would take 3rd.

Without that halo Ham would have been done with racing possibly even breathing.  I just hope those two learned how dangerous they are being and get their shit together.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #3632 on: September 13, 2021, 01:24:31 AM »
Just watch Monza, haven?t seen previous race.

My first reaction is utter joy for Ric and McLaren

For the wreck- halo really amazing design. My first thought was Ham needed to give a bit more space, but Ver should have known there is not room for two cars in that schicane.

If it were me- I would have not given any penalties to either.

Make the right choices now

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3633 on: September 13, 2021, 06:21:26 PM »
Elff brought up a good point about Ham, as he was coming out of the pits and saw Vers, he immediately move all the way to the left towards him.
Just remember what happened to Vettell, that gave Ham 2nd place and more points. Vetell won that 2nd place, and there was nothing in that instance that gave him some advantage over the other drivers.
Same with Perez and the 5 second penalty, the FIA never notified RED BULL to have Perez give back the place, the RED Bull Mark Hornner mentioned it on his interview. This to give MB and Ferrari more points.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3634 on: September 14, 2021, 08:30:53 AM »
Sadly, after talking this over with people more knowledgable,  the Penalty to Verstappen was consistent with a previous race [Silverstone] in which a similar incident happened and Hamilton was penalized.    According to the rules Hamilton is far enough forward of Verstappen, where he is considered the Owner of that turn and had the right to maintain the race line.
In the ruling, the FIA did not consider the results, just how it occurred.

I guess what I really don't like is that both cars had enough space to make that turn and should be able to. The track itself, should NEVER cause an accident like this when a vehicle is barely off it. That is ridiculously dangerous and in a pre-halo race, Hamilton might have died.

On a different track, this would have resulted in Verstappen making the pass, and then being told to give the place back and both of them could have continued fighting.

On the Perez incident,  Red Bull was never notified so I do not like that ruling at all.  I think the second car squeezing into that space caused an issue with that.   For Perez to give the space back he would have lost 2 places then.  And that's what it cost him in the end.   

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3635 on: September 14, 2021, 11:08:52 AM »
Agreed, it is similar to the Silverstone incident where Ham was at fault.  In this case Ver should have either backed out or taken the over run.  The problem with the over run was how that curb launched his rear axel.  The FIA needs to rethink that curb design.

All drivers know if they go off track because they can't make a corner they can't use that to pass and need to give the spot back.  They are F1 drives they shouldn't need to be told everything that is a rule violation and that it could result in a penalty.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3636 on: September 14, 2021, 05:19:34 PM »
You can not predict what Perez would have accomplished if he would have been asked immediately to give back the positions.
I stand by my position the FIA is just playing favorites, and it is not the last time the FIA will make those type of decisions.
I just hope VERS and Perez get mad enough to get 1st and 2nd in Russia. I also wish Vettell rethink his position, rather than waiting until 2022. Ever since the FIA took his 2nd place he has pretty much given up.

Solstice GXP 2007.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3637 on: September 25, 2021, 04:54:50 PM »
Was P3 rained out?  My DVR caught some other not F1 programming despite the description of it being F1.

That Ham sure knows how to drive into the pit doesn't he?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3638 on: September 25, 2021, 05:14:01 PM »
I believe so, because is not available any where. The qualy results are sure to make the start of tomorrow race very interesting.
Solstice GXP 2007.

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3639 on: September 26, 2021, 12:17:07 PM »
Yes rained out.   Probably the best race of the year.  I won't spoil it for you but I am gutted for Norris.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3640 on: September 26, 2021, 06:06:50 PM »
Yes and as a young driver he made a BIG mistake.
Solstice GXP 2007.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3641 on: September 26, 2021, 08:29:43 PM »
Yup, but at the same time, the pit wall was not as adamant about the situation as MB was.   Hamilton trusted his team, but at the moment, was not sure it was the right decision, but he can't see a radar map from inside the cockpit and is seasoned enough to know that.

I will say, Red Bull mitigated their penalty and got the best possible result out of today as possible.   Taking an engine swap after the penalty was a smart idea and then snagging second place was pretty amazing.  At some point, MB will need to take an extra engine change and might not do as well. 

Excellent strategy battles today, some more screwed up pit stops and fantastic driving especially at the end.

Very fun race to watch today. 
Even had a fist bump between 2 drivers who stacked their cars on top of each other last race

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3642 on: September 26, 2021, 11:45:41 PM »
Not sure what to say, poor Norris.  Maybe he should change his name to Chuck, then Ham won't have a chance!
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3643 on: October 10, 2021, 11:29:34 AM »
Well Turkey turned out to be different.  Once again MB's strategy is questionable. 

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3644 on: October 10, 2021, 05:17:12 PM »
I am glad for RED BULL.
Solstice GXP 2007.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3645 on: October 11, 2021, 11:45:53 PM »
I was expecting more carnage given the weather.  Not sure what would have happened had Ham not pitted. 
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3646 on: October 12, 2021, 10:41:18 AM »
I saw  pictures of Occon's tires, he was down to the core with thread showing.  He was losing a lot of time.  Speculation (using the magic strategy computer)  was at best 4th but most likely 5th if he hadn't pitted.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3647 on: October 12, 2021, 11:03:45 AM »
Assuming the tire didn't fail which it could have.  Some points is better than no points.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3648 on: October 16, 2021, 11:38:15 AM »
Overall I did enjoy this race.  Bottas made zero mistakes all weekend and did have an MB race killing pit stop which definitely helped.
Red Bull did very well.  Nice to see Perez on the Podium finally.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3649 on: October 21, 2021, 11:29:31 PM »
Austin this weekend, the race is on ABC so check your beta max.
2007 Aggressive GXP