Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Cobalt Door Handles  (Read 77798 times)

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Cobalt Door Handles
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2009, 06:52:04 AM »
Sure, I am interested depending on price!
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Ben L

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2009, 07:19:33 AM »
I'm in for a pair . . . .

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2009, 07:43:57 AM »
Cost dependent, I would be up for a pair.
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2009, 03:35:18 PM »
Im also interested.
:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2009, 05:54:48 PM »
Just work up a price. We're all waiting!  :thumbs:

Ben L

« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »
If you build it they will come

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »
Anyone know if the handles off a cobalt 2-door are the same as the front handles off a cobalt 4-door?
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100

lil goat

« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2009, 10:32:30 AM »
I used these part numbers from Cheers and mine are painted and installed. They are from GM Parts Direct.

Door Outside Handle   
HANDLE     
$39.54   
shipping       
$12.95
subtotal   
$52.49

Door Outside Handle   
HANDLE   
$31.99   
shipping   
$6.72   
subtotal
$38.71

Offline Aspenrose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2009, 09:28:12 AM »
Found black Cobalt handles at partstrain.com - now they sent what I ordered, a FL and FR, however the FR was mispackaged, so I got two FL  :banghead: but, in trying to remove the FR door handle, how in the heck did you get to the nuts to remove the old one??? Took off the interior panel, pulled back the water liner as described in the Service Manuals, and I didn't see an easy way to get at the three nuts holding on the broken handle!! (Prolly a good thing yesterday, as now I have a few days wait to get the correct handle for that side.)

The $ for  the handles at PT was $14.07, each, so price was right to have a spare pair on hand...
'06 NA -- Vin #6384 -- 106.5k miles
'08 GXP -- Vin #24073 --44k miles

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2009, 02:26:51 PM »
I'd order a pair made out of metal for sure. But I would get mine chromed. I like the chromed look on my solstice. People actually asked if they were an "option"
2008 Mean Yellow GXP, RDC Exhaust, Westers Race Tune, BC Racing coil overs, ZOK Rear Sway bar and poly bushings front and rear.

Offline amo

• Master Tech
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2009, 06:18:38 PM »
Found black Cobalt handles at partstrain.com - now they sent what I ordered, a FL and FR, however the FR was mispackaged, so I got two FL  :banghead: but, in trying to remove the FR door handle, how in the heck did you get to the nuts to remove the old one??? Took off the interior panel, pulled back the water liner as described in the Service Manuals, and I didn't see an easy way to get at the three nuts holding on the broken handle!! (Prolly a good thing yesterday, as now I have a few days wait to get the correct handle for that side.)

The $ for  the handles at PT was $14.07, each, so price was right to have a spare pair on hand...

You will need a long extension for a Socket wrench with the windows up you will see the three bolts/nuts holding them on.  You are kinda looking through circular holes rather than the open space with the clear plastic on it.

Offline Aspenrose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2009, 09:27:37 PM »
You will need a long extension for a Socket wrench with the windows up you will see the three bolts/nuts holding them on.  You are kinda looking through circular holes rather than the open space with the clear plastic on it.
ok, will have another go at the driver side this weekend, since I have one of those on hand...

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2009, 09:51:33 PM »
Aspenrose : I just ordered a pair of Black handles from PT. I hope they get the order right. Thanks for the Heads-Up.sure beats running around LQQking in the Bone Yards.Better things to do with my time.

Thanks , Bobby   :yay:    :yay:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Aspenrose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2009, 08:46:56 AM »
Aspenrose : I just ordered a pair of Black handles from PT. I hope they get the order right. Thanks for the Heads-Up.sure beats running around LQQking in the Bone Yards.Better things to do with my time.

Thanks , Bobby   :yay:    :yay:
You're welcome-and hopefully the guy in Taiwan who packaged them did it right-they come in bubble wrap bags, mine were both marked as I ordered, just had the wrong handle sealed in the one bag.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2009, 10:36:13 PM »
Taiwan  that accounts for the shipping and handling i guess .Did you get your other one back yet?  you got um on the car.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Aspenrose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2009, 05:43:19 PM »
Taiwan  that accounts for the shipping and handling i guess .Did you get your other one back yet?  you got um on the car.
I just finished replacing the driver side handle, another pair of pass handles (I hope that's what arrives, anyway!) will be here Wednesday.

Good thing I opted to go ahead and replace the driver side-it too was broken, had only on screw holding it on on the lock side, had to retrieve the 3rd screw from down inside the door. Once I got a 6" extension for my rachet, it was easy-although had to shine a flashlight up inside the door to see the screws, or two of them, no one of them, couldn't see the one off by itself, had to just poke around till I found it :D

Took longer to pull the interior panel and put it back on than replace the handle [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2009, 10:07:02 PM »
 Now that LQQks good the Red brings out the Black.they match the Spoiler has factory look. You can hardly see the scrach on the drivers handle under the lock.
Mods

Offline Aspenrose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2009, 10:53:10 PM »
Now that LQQks good the Red brings out the Black.they match the Spoiler has factory look. You can hardly see the scrach on the drivers handle under the lock.
Now you're making me think...I may pull it back off and paint-the spoiler is actually Carbon Flash :D or maybe for the next set  :lol:

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »
Just kidding My eyes arn't that good . You can't even see ant detail from a pic LOL

:gaah:              Gotcha  :idk:
Mods

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2009, 11:17:51 PM »
Think I flubed up .I never get in the passenger side and though it didn't have a Lock. When I ordered the handles the right side is from the rear door. :idk:    :idiot:
Mods

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2009, 01:18:14 AM »

Crap, I got 2 drivers ones as well (I think, how do I tell?)

Hey, maybe I got passenger ones and we could swap?
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun

Offline Aspenrose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2009, 09:26:39 AM »
Crap, I got 2 drivers ones as well (I think, how do I tell?)

Hey, maybe I got passenger ones and we could swap?
Look on the 'inside' of the handle, on the plastic mount area for the door opening metal arm-took a pic:

Edit: my two FR handles, I hope FR, are on the truck to be delivered today. If I get 2 FL handles again, Parts Train will be getting a phone call, and they can deal with whoever they are getting the mispackaged parts from...I hope someone speaks English...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:55:35 AM by Aspenrose »

Offline Aspenrose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »
I just advised them via their Customer Service page about the mispackaged FR handles-mentioned that another customer also got a wrong part, and that I would be discussing it with them after mine arrive today if they are also wrong.

:gaah:

:banghead: Fedex came early, and yes, I now am the proud and pissed owner of two more FL handles. I quickly let them know, and also told them the Solstice folks will soon know that getting FR handles is impossible from them, I'm major pissed off, this is  :bs:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 11:02:36 AM by Aspenrose »

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2009, 11:34:06 AM »
Look on the 'inside' of the handle, on the plastic mount area for the door opening metal arm-took a pic:

(Image removed from quote.)

Edit: my two FR handles, I hope FR, are on the truck to be delivered today. If I get 2 FL handles again, Parts Train will be getting a phone call, and they can deal with whoever they are getting the mispackaged parts from...I hope someone speaks English...

OK, saw that and wasn't sure. I got FL as well.
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun

Offline Aspenrose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2009, 11:40:24 AM »
I'm now REALLY ticked, found 'another' source, handle was $30, but figured I'd cut to the chase and try to get the correct handle. Turns out the second site, Auto Parts Warehouse, is one in the same with Parts Train. Cannot cancel the order, as they have a policy that once you have the emailed Invoice, it's too late. The internet wires are on fire right now, I've sent emails and posted feedback, three Customer Service complaints, and of course not so much as an email letting me know they've received any of them.