Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a bodyshop in the Orlando area?  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Noal

• Tech
  • GSPs in the GXP!
Can anyone recommend a bodyshop in the Orlando area?
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »
I unfortunately had an accident in the GXP.  The short version is that everyone seems to be OK.  The front crumpled up pretty badly, but the frame and engine look ok.  The bumper and hood are probably a loss.  The intercooler doesn't seem to have been touched and the fender wells should be ok (I think).  The car would be drivable if you could see over the hood.

I need to get the car to a shop in the Apopka/Orlando area.  Can anyone recommend a shop or dealership?

Also, any ideas what the $$$ estimate will be around (obviously a wild guess)?  Any worries about part availability?  Any problems with insurance?

I'm glad that our cars are designed to crumple the way that they do so that they prevent any serious injuries...  but it is awful seeing a sol in this condition.

Offline SHiNY

• Faster than Slowest Romanian
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
Re: Can anyone recommend a bodyshop in the Orlando area?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:53:03 AM »
Also, any ideas what the $$$ estimate will be around (obviously a wild guess)?  Any worries about part availability?  Any problems with insurance?

My estimate is around $5k (but I live in NY). You find damage behind the bumper that you can't notice right away. Hopefully it's only cosmetic.

Offline dstraycat

• Apprentice/Gofer
Re: Can anyone recommend a bodyshop in the Orlando area?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 06:50:00 AM »
I live around Mt. Dora and had a similar accident with my GXP coupe. Took several trips to several dealers in the area and it is still not fixed 100% I can tell you where not to go and give you advice on where to go. And also to look for that hidden damage that will be there. Cell is 917.538.9802 if you want some advice on getting it fixed right the first time. Good luck! Derek