Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: what wheels do you guys like  (Read 6782 times)

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
what wheels do you guys like
« on: September 12, 2011, 04:28:23 PM »
so im looking at getting new tires at the same time im thinking wheels. i was looking at some foose wheels and well not sure if i want all chrome or black with a chrome lip. also 18's vs 19's. what do you guys think? here is a few pics of the ones im considering. im also told that foose wheels for our offset i can only get 8 inch wide so i was thinking 255-40-18 or 255-40-19 nit sure your opinions are welcome and encouraged maybe if one of you are photo shop savvy you can put them on my car and post it as im not very good at photo shop

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: what wheels do you guys like
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 04:41:40 PM »
What wheels?!
I don't see no stinking Wheels.
I see  a female in a provocative pose but NO Wheels.
More pics of her PLEASE. :drool:

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 04:43:36 PM »
Do you still have chrome look inserts on the car like: door handles, hood ornaments, etc?
If yes, I would go with first rims and 3rd rims as runner up.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 04:54:42 PM »
yep still have the chrome accents on it

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 04:57:09 PM »
Round ones of course! Just thought I'd beat GJ to the punch... :slap:

I have some MODA's. They aren't anything fancy or ultra lightweight but for $59.00/each I could not pass them up. If I recall they were this price due to being a close out. I went with 19's (8.5" wide) because to me they seem more appropriately sized to the car but that is a personal decision. I have been running Hankook's for about 2 years now and they are a definate improvement over stock.
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 04:57:51 PM »
What wheels?!
I don't see no stinking Wheels.
I see  a female in a provocative pose but NO Wheels.
More pics of her PLEASE. :drool:

just for tazz

now back to the topic lol

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »
o n the third ones i was thinking of painting the spokes black with the center of the spoke red

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 04:59:20 PM »
Please ask the girl to move as she is blocking the view of the kappa!   :D   :thumbs:
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 09:29:02 PM »
I like strawberries

Second wheel from the top gets my vote based on the current color scheme of the car

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »
Where's that I like Bacon pic when you need it?
I found it.
Hope this does not offend anyone.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:36:26 PM by tazz »

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 10:41:07 PM »
That's all sorts of yumminess.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 11:39:19 PM »
I like strawberries

Second wheel from the top gets my vote based on the current color scheme of the car

+1

Best looking of the bunch for your set up.  Actually, I really like them.  Can you pm me the prices you found and where?  Thanks.
Make the right choices now

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »
I don't think she likes strawberries, she didn't seem to smile much.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 12:32:27 AM »
gj i will pm you when i get prices and they will punch all those for our car

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 02:43:02 AM »
hammy, i vote 18''.
i vote for either the first ones with the chrome lip, or the second ones (same design) but more black
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 08:00:32 AM »
1. Speed Chrome
2. DF-5 (polished perimeter bolts)

I like his Ascot (lotta bling) and Knight (old school drag rod vibe) too.  My faves though are:   http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f114/000486-weeds-57421/

Offline compression

• Tech
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »
Are you fixed on the Foose wheels? There soo many other brands out there. You can buy forged wheels for the price of those wheels. You can try BC WHEELS, J LINE WHEELS, and FORGESTAR and even CCW. All of the wheels are custom made to your likings. Size and offset.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 08:09:45 PM »
I am a Bacon Lover ,just don't know how they would Mount on car. the 3rd from top "Foose " would be super to keep Clean. The only thing is with so Many other wheels out there,your paying for the Name more then anything $$$$$. Shop around you'll find almost the same design at a lower cost and be just as happy
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2011, 09:08:07 PM »
the issue ive run into was that all the ones i like they either dont make them in our offset or bolt pattern and then some that do make our bolt pattern are drilled with two bolt patterns

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2011, 10:03:27 PM »
Ya we are limited to only so many and then its custom made to fit and extra B$cks  .Can't Win for losing I have a supplier Wheel Deals in Reisterstown,MD  Johnathan Beck is the Owner . He can get whatever you want and not that expensive.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »
Ya we are limited to only so many and then its custom made to fit and extra B$cks  .Can't Win for losing I have a supplier Wheel Deals in Reisterstown,MD  Johnathan Beck is the Owner . He can get whatever you want and not that expensive.

good to know. i know the foose would cost like 12-1300 for 4

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 11:58:59 PM »
Unless you know somebody at foose I think your looking at about 2,500.00 or more the wheels on my Sol were 1,200.00 and hey were drilled from blanks
Mods

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 12:33:47 AM »
Unless you know somebody at foose I think your looking at about 2,500.00 or more the wheels on my Sol were 1,200.00 and hey were drilled from blanks

thats the price i was quated by venders mayber it was more like 1500 but i know it wasnt anymore then that

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 12:35:33 AM »
Hammy look at these on the other S forum
 » Featured Product

» Buyers Guide
» Auto Insurance
» Car Loans
» Car Warranty
» Automotive Tires
» GPS Navigation
» Auto Parts
» Wheels
» Car Care

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Network Links
» Car Reviews
» Motorcycle Reviews
» Motorcycle Classifieds
» ATV Reviews
» Jetski Reviews
» Snowmobile Reviews
» Pontiac parts 
» Exhaust systems
» Rims

Pontiac Solstice Forum > Solstice and Solstice Products for Sale Sections > Solstices and Parts for Sale/Want to Buy (incl other vehicles) 
 FS: 20" Staggered Rims-LX4 

Active Topics
My Recent Topics

Advanced Search
Google Search

Please Visit our Site Sponsors

View First Unread    LinkBack   Thread Tools   Search this Thread   Display Modes   

09-05-2011, 05:21 PM    #1 (permalink) 
Slik
Garage
Slik's Garage
   SLIK 
 FS: 20" Staggered Rims-LX4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sup im selling my 20" rims, letting them go for performance upgrades lol they are 20x9 in the front and 20x10 in the back, you would think that they rub but i have had no problems whatsoever with rubbing or turning. (keep in mind my car is not lowered). they have about 90% of thread left and there are no scrathes or dents. they were Bmw lx4 rims but they had different caps so of course they switched to pontiac. letting them go for 2k but will take offers. thanks

side view

Mods