Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Wiper Blade Suggestions/Problems?  (Read 4716 times)

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
Wiper Blade Suggestions/Problems?
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:52:30 AM »
I did a search and came up with not much. Threads talked about brands but not much how they performed for them or if they had issues with them.

The reason Im asking is Im thinking of just going back to a normal framed wiper blade because of the experiences Im having with these non-frame blades. I picked up som Anco Contours when Irene was comming up the coast and seemed like a good time to change them since the one was starting to come apart.

At first these Contour blades seemed pretty bad ass. Along with the typical no-wipe edge scenario Ive seen in alot of reviews of blades, after a few days I noticed that when the passenger blade would wipe, where the attach point would be on the blade, would seem to lift the blade off the window a little and just smear the water instead of squeegee it off. But on the back pass it cleared off so no big deal.

So now its a few weeks later and these things have become noisey as all hell whenever they reverse direction. Also, when I first put them on this morning to go to work, the drivers side studdered up the window and then was fine after that.

So what does everyone use here and what have your experiences been with them?
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Re: Wiper Blade Suggestions/Problems?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:07:20 AM »
Our cars have windshield wipers? :idk:
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 12:16:54 PM »
Our cars have windshield wipers? :idk:
Those of us that drive them do ;)

I am interested in peoples opinions because my passenger blade is beginning to tear. I wont change them out until spring though. No point when I have the truck around and will be driving that primarily for the rest of the year.
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 12:36:58 PM »
I use the same type on all of my vehicles but the Solstice and the Z06 (none of these two need a new wiper blade yet, they are still on originals).  The brand I use exclusively (for the last several years) is Trico NeoForm and I still have no complain about it.  Highly unlikely I will ever go back to "framed" wiper blades.

FYI, I use RainX "religiously" so my wipers are very seldom used, but in the times of need, they perform flawlessly.  I believe when it's time to replace them (who knows when), they will be dry-rotted instead of worn.

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »
i am about to replace mine too, but for a cost of 15 euros i will pick any off the shelf!
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 01:11:22 PM »
Those of us that drive them do ;)

I am interested in peoples opinions because my passenger blade is beginning to tear. I wont change them out until spring though. No point when I have the truck around and will be driving that primarily for the rest of the year.
Is that ironic or hypocritical?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 02:32:33 PM »
I drive mine rain or shine. Thats what I was eluding to.

However where I work requires a truck in the winter. Sky cant really get through the 1' deep snow drifts.
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 03:16:15 PM »
I drive mine rain or shine. Thats what I was eluding to.

However where I work requires a truck in the winter. Sky cant really get through the 1' deep snow drifts.

sure it can just takes 24 inch wheels a small lift snow tires and drive fast you'll float right over it.

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 06:45:49 PM »
I use the Auto Zone Duralast brand. I rarely drive the Sol in the rain but they work just fine on our Tahoe and the wifes redline. I change them out once a year.
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »
sure it can just takes 24 inch wheels a small lift snow tires and drive fast you'll float right over it.

Sounds like I'll be modding the Sol to get through those drifts this winter!!!  Awesome!!!

Or I'll just go buy a snowmobile!!!!  :yay:

Offline Buzzardt

• Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 08:26:07 PM »
Whats rain. Havent seen enough to wipe off the windshield for about 5 months now.

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 09:25:33 PM »
We just had 3 days of rain here in Vegas! Some desert...
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 09:33:51 PM »
I'e been using the Bosch Evolution blades on my cars lately and have had great luck with them but haven't had to change the ones on the Solstice yet.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 09:36:44 AM »
I finally replaced mine this summer after five years.  I just went into advanced auto and bought the ones in the shiny package :)
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 10:21:38 AM »
It's raining outside as we speak and storm forcasts for five of the next seven days in KC!  Getting ready to head to the Prairie Life Fitness Center to walk so it will be a good chance to check the wipers on Miss Red Eagle.  Can't remember if we have replaced the original OEM ones or not!  The Eagle is indeed ready to fly to the gym.  See ya on the flip side!!! :lol: :usa:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:30:35 AM by GXPinKC »
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Brad Kenny

• Gearhead
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 10:38:27 AM »
IN THE RAIN??? What is the world coming to?
Continental Tires
DDM Works
StunnerLights.com
ASAP Graphics
King Penn
V-LEDs
Superbright LEDs

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 10:47:26 AM »
Ordered some bosch icons off rockauto based on how much quieter they are than mine. Friend at work has them on his car and went out and tried them. (was raining AGAIN yesterday, so it was a good test) Ended up only $35 shipped. Over $10 cheaper than buying the ancos from the local auto parts store.
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline tazzman

• Master Tech
  • with new paint
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 03:13:41 PM »
I don't drive anywhere with out rain x. wiper blades r rain x. be using for long time.
King Penn, W.R.
ASAP Fuse box cover
ASAP Fog light cover
ASAP BU light cover
Debaged
Shorty antenna
Magnaflow catback 3''
New Paint

Offline Brad Kenny

• Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »
Ordered some bosch icons off rockauto based on how much quieter they are than mine. Friend at work has them on his car and went out and tried them. (was raining AGAIN yesterday, so it was a good test) Ended up only $35 shipped. Over $10 cheaper than buying the ancos from the local auto parts store.
decided also to purchase the Bosch Icons today from advanced Auto and got a steal, buy one get the second half off. It rained right after installation and like any brand new wiper, it works great. Only time will tell if it was the $30. BTW, Advance gives military discount year round, even on sale items.
Continental Tires
DDM Works
StunnerLights.com
ASAP Graphics
King Penn
V-LEDs
Superbright LEDs

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 04:50:58 PM »
Well, with the rain we've been getting here, they've been getting a work out. Probably the best wiper blade Ive ever used.
2013 Grigio Abarth 500