Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Replacement convertible tops/ hardtops  (Read 11116 times)

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
Re: Replacement convertible tops/ hardtops
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »

SMOOTHLINE hardtops look alot better......

Correction...ONE Smoothline hardtop looks good (club racer). The Le Mans style is a [DISLIKE] as well!!!
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 10:52:38 AM »
Correction...ONE Smoothline hardtop looks good (club racer). The Le Mans style is a [DISLIKE] as well!!!

yeah, I like the club racer too.    But I will prever the Le mans style......over the EDAG hard top!  :)

only issue for me with the club racer is........I don't think installing a roll cage on it is possible.   Unlike the le mans.   

but definitely the EDAG hard top will make a roll cage install...easier.    But I will not go that route!  hahaha

COMPOUND TURBOS (GT2860r & GT4294r) goal 800hp

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:
https://www.facebook.com/SKY888CompoundTurbo

SPONSORS:
aeroforce.com, nitrofreeze.com, forgestar.com, splitsec.com, turbosmartonline.com, k1technologies.com, supertechperformance.com, specclutch.com, rceng.com, statusracing.com, tceperformanceproducts.com, burnsstainless.com, performanceautowerks.com, ddmworks.com, turbowerx.com, BTF

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 02:51:41 PM »
THAT"S IT! There was this nagging sensation in the back of my head about what this reminded me of and you nailed it. Reminds me of one of those Dodge Magnum's.
It kind of reminds me of the Jag E-type in Harold and Maude that Harold mods to look like a hearse.

I would take the Jag because well it's an E-type, I'll pass on the EDAG.

2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 05:34:05 PM »
I see the resemblance on that on also.
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 10:15:02 PM »
Club racer for me too.  I'm trying to think how small the coffin would be to fit in the EDAG solstice hearse?
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 10:27:33 PM »
There has to be a short Kappa owner joke in there somewhere.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 08:42:28 AM »
The obvious would be ................

It could only be used for an Elf.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 09:49:55 AM »
All this reminds me of a Randy Newman song I once heard...
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2014, 06:18:48 PM »
Pics in post 21.

Yeah we have no room for junk in our trunk but I think a hard top could fit and extend out...That sounds so wrong...

Here are the pic they sent me on the EDAG one. They did mention there was a leak issue.

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah we have no room for junk in our trunk but I think a hard top could fit and extend out...That sounds so wrong...

Here are the pic they sent me on the EDAG one. They did mention there was a leak issue.

The rest of the story...

Was surfing Google for Smoothline top and stumbled on this old thread.  I ended up buying the black EDAG top from this thread.  My thinking of the time was that if I didn't save it that it would probably would have gone to a landfill.  While the price for the top was OK, by the time I added in the price for a rental van + gas + having to buy an installation kit from Revenge Design I've ended up having more into it than I wanted.

Still have no idea of how many were produced, someone posted they had contacted EDAG and was told just 20 had been produced.  However when I purchased the installation kit from Revenge Design I was told they had installed around 45, plus when RD had a fire sale for the remaining tops I believe several more complete kits were sold.  So maybe 20, maybe 65ish.

A few weeks ago (6/23/14) I found a Craigslist posting advertising someone had purchased Revenge Design remaining inventory, and was offering the remaining hardtops.  However, I don't believe complete kits were available.
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ptd/4531542157.html  Appears to be the final chapter for EDAG hardtop (and yes I can here a few of you going; Thank God!)  Maybe in 20 years they will be featured here: http://www.forgottenfiberglass.com.

And even though I'm hoping to order a Smoothline Club Racer this year I'm still glad I saved the EDAG hardtop.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2014, 10:14:59 PM »
The obvious would be ................

It could only be used for an Elf.

:lol: :lol: :lol: