Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Starting troubles, fixed!  (Read 984 times)

Offline timlange3

• Master Tech
Starting troubles, fixed!
« on: October 01, 2011, 08:38:43 AM »
Hi,

Started having starting problems with my 2007 Solstice GXP last Saturday.  Turn key, get lights, but no cranking.  Exactly like when you try to start but don't push the clutch in.

After pushing the clutch in a few (sometimes five) times, car would start normally.  Sometimes start on the first try.  I suspected the clutch interlock switch.

Took it to my mechanic today, he replaced the switch.  Has started fine the last dozen tries, so hopefully it is fixed.  Switch was $12. Mechanic said give him $30 for the switch and labor (took him 10 minutes).  I gave him $40, but he didn't have change so he gave me a $20 back!

Tim.
Tim.

Offline EarthNTX

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Starting troubles, fixed!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:57:31 AM »
Sounds like a familiar problem. I also have a 07 gxp..grrr..the dealer cannot find out what the problem is. They are useless I swear.

Glad you got it fixed cheap..good for ya! :)
Ride it like you mean it.

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Starting troubles, fixed!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 09:21:27 AM »
glad you nailed it and fixed it!
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake