Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: DDM Cupholder Console...Padded and Covered  (Read 11714 times)

Offline deepwater805

• Master Tech
Re: DDM Cupholder Console...Padded and Covered
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 09:18:48 AM »
Hey folks! I've been away for a while, but am back. I think that since I'm I'm a little late for the party I need to ask some questions: The cup holder consul is something that we get from DDM, then send it to JPM for the leather coverage. Is that right? BTW. It looks really good, and still has the essential center pad to rest our shifting arm on.

Offline Brad Kenny

• Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 06:32:10 PM »
Looks really great Joe and Alex!!!
Continental Tires
DDM Works
StunnerLights.com
ASAP Graphics
King Penn
V-LEDs
Superbright LEDs

Offline Maui Sky

• Tech
  • tech
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 01:11:16 PM »
Joe- Can the center padded piece be stiched with red diamond pattern to match the rest of my interior that you did for me 3 yrs ago? If so, please let me know and I'll send you a check ASAP.  Thanks-Bill-

Offline SHiNY

• Faster than Slowest Romanian
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 08:16:51 PM »
So I finally saw one of these in person at NASSM. It was extremely comfortable.The owner doesn't use it for drinks, but does use it for storing things like change and the cell phone. I was also told that the best part is since it's flat you can rest your arm on it and it doesn't slide off like it does with the stock console.

I am definitely considering getting one of these!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 08:31:21 PM »
Just remember in your case it will also have to work with the Miller/SA seat heat switch guard feature.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline PyrateDave

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 08:36:35 PM »
I just looked today for these online and it seems that JPM only makes the padded console not with cup holders any more.  The one offered by DDM says out of stock... :-(. I also saw the dash cover by JPM that dresses up the gauges.   Now if they only make a leather padded foot rest for ShiNY they would have something...  :-P
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Offline SHiNY

• Faster than Slowest Romanian
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 05:54:06 AM »
I just looked today for these online and it seems that JPM only makes the padded console not with cup holders any more.  The one offered by DDM says out of stock... :-(. I also saw the dash cover by JPM that dresses up the gauges.   Now if they only make a leather padded foot rest for ShiNY they would have something...  :-P

WOW! It didn't take you long!!!

I smite you! :)

Offline PyrateDave

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 09:48:34 AM »
Just want to make sure you are comfortable...   :poke:   

I will ask DDM when they will have more of the leather wrapped center consoles, It looked nice as well as functional...   
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 11:06:30 AM »
Shiny's right you will fit right in, well done!

The leather covered consoles are probably made to order so you will probably have to order one, but then you can have them cover it the way you want.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline PyrateDave

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 02:11:41 PM »
I know, Bad Pyrate, Bad Pyrate...  The next Mod Meet should be fun...

I'll ask DDM if they will make a custome leather wrapped console with a foot rest attachent and a Funyuns bag holder... ;-)

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »
Shiny's right you will fit right in, well done!

The leather covered consoles are probably made to order so you will probably have to order one, but then you can have them cover it the way you want.

The other option would be to send the basic console to JPM for refit. I did that with my console. Don't like the bare plastic. They do this all the time. Takes about 2 weeks or so turnaround. They can do what on their site or they can do custom - your call...Justa thought
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline Sky Pilot

• Tech
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2014, 05:15:41 PM »
The other option would be to send the basic console to JPM for refit. I did that with my console. Don't like the bare plastic. They do this all the time. Takes about 2 weeks or so turnaround. They can do what on their site or they can do custom - your call...Justa thought
The only real issue with going JPM,  is that the OE console is inherently weak and cracks; I've had 3 crack on me thus far until the current one which I reinforced it with fiberglass. DDM's you can stand on, that's strong!! On the plus side JPM is only $165 and DDM is $250.

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2014, 03:52:38 PM »
JPM re enforces the OEM console before doing the changes.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.