Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Performance Autowerks 2011 Thanksgiving Holiday Sale!!!  (Read 8706 times)

Offline sirmeili

• Master Tech
Re: Performance Autowerks 2011 Thanksgiving Holiday Sale!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 10:39:04 AM »
Your going to love the workmanship that Werks puts into the making of these Highflow cats. Got mine last month and couldn't believe how nice it really looks.
 Now I need time to install it! The Weather is Perfect
(sorry for the side track)

Out of curiosity, is this something a novice could do? I'm stocking up on tools and the such and I worked on cars with my grandfather as a kid, but it's been a long time. I am looking to do more and more work on my cars as time goes on (install a high flow cat). I thought about buying one this year, but waited since i wasn't sure if I could install it myself.

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 11:48:26 AM »
Your going to love the workmanship that Werks puts into the making of these Highflow cats. Got mine last month and couldn't believe how nice it really looks.
 Now I need time to install it! The Weather is Perfect

Great to hear, thanks Marvic!
Dave Gilbert
Performance Autowerks, Inc.
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Anthony's SKY Redline LNF - GT35R - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 442whp/414ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs
Matt's Cobalt SS LNF Billet 55/57 WERKs turbo - 93 Octane - 442whp/450ftlbs
www.performanceautowerks.com
info@performanceautowerks.com

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 11:53:04 AM »
(sorry for the side track)

Out of curiosity, is this something a novice could do? I'm stocking up on tools and the such and I worked on cars with my grandfather as a kid, but it's been a long time. I am looking to do more and more work on my cars as time goes on (install a high flow cat). I thought about buying one this year, but waited since i wasn't sure if I could install it myself.

Just a tip, don't be surprised if you have issues with the studs that bolt the downpipe to the turbo.  Almost always, one of more will be seized.  When I swapped mine out, I put some high temp (copper-based) anti-seize on it to prevent the problem in the future.

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 12:24:14 PM »
Just a tip, don't be surprised if you have issues with the studs that bolt the downpipe to the turbo.  Almost always, one of more will be seized.  When I swapped mine out, I put some high temp (copper-based) anti-seize on it to prevent the problem in the future.

Yes, we highly recomend using anti-seize on all of the downpipe fasteners.
Dave Gilbert
Performance Autowerks, Inc.
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Anthony's SKY Redline LNF - GT35R - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 442whp/414ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs
Matt's Cobalt SS LNF Billet 55/57 WERKs turbo - 93 Octane - 442whp/450ftlbs
www.performanceautowerks.com
info@performanceautowerks.com

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 12:28:59 PM »
Yes, we highly recomend using anti-seize on all of the downpipe fasteners.

The bolts/nuts that connect the downpipe to the catback aren't too much of an issue.  If they are seized, just cut them off with an angle grinder/oxy-acetylene torch/plasma cutter, and replace with anything of appropriate size/strength.  Since you will be replacing the bolts and nuts, as long as the new ones are compatible thread/diameter wise, it should be no problem.  But with the turbo studs, you will definitely have to purchase new ones, that have the correct length/pitch to match up with the turbo, and the nuts that will secure the downpipe.

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »
Dave - any news on my order ?  It's been a month.

Offline baconbits

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 09:00:51 PM »
The bolts/nuts that connect the downpipe to the catback aren't too much of an issue.  If they are seized, just cut them off with an angle grinder/oxy-acetylene torch/plasma cutter, and replace with anything of appropriate size/strength.  Since you will be replacing the bolts and nuts, as long as the new ones are compatible thread/diameter wise, it should be no problem.  But with the turbo studs, you will definitely have to purchase new ones, that have the correct length/pitch to match up with the turbo, and the nuts that will secure the downpipe.

here is the stuff I used to use on the RR turbo sets...works wonders
http://www.rocol.com/corp/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=479&Itemid=499