Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Raise your hands if you love (car) lights!  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Stunner Lights

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Stunner Lights
Raise your hands if you love (car) lights!
« on: December 09, 2011, 05:23:21 PM »
Stunner Lights is offering a special group buy on our dynamic in-mirror turn signals.

That’s right, take advantage of this pre-delivery offer and with no money down be among the first to receive your sequential arrow in-mirror signals at a 25% discount (reg $250).
Some owners have asked for a few more seconds of video that demonstrate its look and feel, so check this out:

detaol_of_sequential.mpg
Now let me hear from you, then I’ll reply with a best guess delivery date and guarantee it all at this fantastic price.

Also find below these standard-blink mirrors styles (reg $200) at 20% off this weekend only!

Thanks for viewing, drive easy…

Jay
Stunner Lights

stunnerlights.com

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:31:07 PM by Stunner Lights »

Offline sirmeili

• Master Tech
Re: Raise your hands if you love (car) lights!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 06:20:53 PM »
I happen to like them and as you know, Jay, have already put in my order as of Black friday :D

My only suggestion, now that I can see the animation for a bit longer is to have it reach full state longer and stay on the arrow for just a bit longer. I know you're limited by the time that it takes the other lights to blink, so this may not be very feasible, but just my suggestion :)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 08:09:06 PM »
I happen to like them and as you know, Jay, have already put in my order as of Black friday :D

My only suggestion, now that I can see the animation for a bit longer is to have it reach full state longer and stay on the arrow for just a bit longer. I know you're limited by the time that it takes the other lights to blink, so this may not be very feasible, but just my suggestion :)

I agree, Our mirrors are small . I think it should stay on the arrow a bit longer
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Stunner Lights

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Stunner Lights
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 09:25:48 PM »
Great comments Sirmeili/1 LIL NDN,

First viewed, the sequential pattern may benefit from having a longer blink cycle, that’s true.
But the Kappa turn blink-cycle (on-to-on) is 1 second (1000ms). Slightly less than half the time, 420ms, is on to off. The lights in the mirror are powered from the front turn signal and some time is lost as the mirror listening, awakes, and starts the sequential blink cycle.

The workaround is to have a supplemental power source. Well the additional expense and sophistication in initial wiring can’t be justified. Looked at an in-line battery as well, but just can’t ask folks to change these batteries (say a ‘AA’) regularly. Additional problems of heat and exposure if the battery is the engine compartment or the hassle of removing the door panel if the power source is located further back. It’s just not a simple solve.

By a show of hands; most like the in-mirror blink cycle, simple, elegant and non-intrusive so other more complicated patterns (within the .4 seconds) were discarded.

True story: just two days ago I was at a signal (top down) waiting to turn and (rear viewed) the guy turning behind was pointing out the nuance in my mirrors to his passenger! Its subtle enhancements which others notice that put a smile on my face…

Here’s a money back promise; you’re going to love these mirrors!

Jay

PS: I can PM .gif's of slightly different blink patterns and program the mirror to the one you choose.

Offline sirmeili

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 09:58:10 PM »
Jay,

Perhaps a more through explanation is needed. So you have .4 seconds to do the animation. My thought was that if right now there are 4 steps* with each taking 100ms, then instead you could do the first three in 50-75ms to give the last step an extra 75-150ms to stay lit. You'd still be within the .4 seconds, but you would gain the benefit of a longer pause at the end. Of course you may have tested this already, so it may just not work out well. It was just something I noticed and thought I would bring up. In the end, I'll still be buying mine as soon as you get them in. :)

BTW, quick though, how hard are they to program? Is it something someone 'might' be able to modify after they get it? ;) Just a thought :)

*4 steps is just an approximation and a guess, I can't tell exactly how many there are in the animation.

Offline Stunner Lights

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Stunner Lights
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 12:08:58 AM »
Hard to boil down results of testing into a short reply Sirmeili.

If the duty cycle is too fast, the ascetic (subtleties) change to the extent the sequential effect becomes unnoticeable and at any distance you have a regular in-mirror blink.

Even this consequence is acceptable over no in-mirror signals, as minimally, adjacent motorist are alerted quicker to your intentions. So don't exclude superior safety in the timing pattern calculation.

A fun Puzzle:

With this post I've included a 'blink_pattern.zip file'. Included are all the .jpg's  you need to experiment with various in-mirror blink patterns of your own design. Also you can find the .gif patterns currently available. You need to have a .gif maker, I use 'photoscape'.

Rules:

1) The 'On' cycle can be no longer than .42sec and together with the off must equal no more than 1 sec.
2) Look at the picture "Arrow_label.jpg" and note the (4) block patterns must be: 'def', 'agj','bhk', 'cli' in any order and timing you like.

I'll post your most interesting .gif  patterns coded into a real mirror and if you like it, well, raise your hand and shout "discount!"

C'mon, everyone has a graphic designer in them!

Jay
Stunner Lights

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
    :yay:     :yay:     Discount     :yay:     :yay:   I just like the Arrows to Blink
         Hands                                   Hands

All this .4  -.42 and other things are getting confusing       
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass