Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: car wash  (Read 2769 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
car wash
« on: February 11, 2009, 05:09:19 PM »
If you have ever washed your Car and the Water lays in the back window between humps. the perfect Job for any sham-Wow owner place in and mat down Presto the water is gone and its dry.other than that not worth a darn.waste of $$$.  :2c: :D
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
Re: car wash
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 06:46:08 PM »
Leaf blower baby :thumbs:
07 Deep GXP auto.  A lot of cosmetic upgrades but not enough performace mods. YET.

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 07:55:22 PM »
Leaf blower baby :thumbs:

Yup...Either that or an air compressor with proper adaptor
:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Offline Charlie W

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 09:10:46 PM »
The water runs off when I wash mine. Maybe you have to much air in your rear tires. :lol:
Aggressive,5-speed Manual. Mods: Westers Race Tune, K&N Drop In Filter, Dejon SS BOV Spring, JPM Visor Covers, 3M Clear Bra, GM Splash Guards, Shorty Antenna, Silver Painted Calipers W/Red GXP Letters, Red Arrow Decals, JPM Stitched Console, Silver Painted Rotors, Mirror Polished Stainless Engine Cover, Fuse Box Cover and Visor Mirrors, DIY Tunnel Brace, Dual Horns, DDM Pro-Beam.

Offline toolibus

• Founding Member
  • Tech
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 11:52:07 PM »
I don't use sham-wow, but they have similar products in the car wash section of Target.  I use the water absorbing towels to dry off the entire car.  The heat in the south will dry the water so fast and leave residue all over your car if you don't dry it yourself.  Personally I think they are worth the money, because they last forever if you keep them moist inside the plastic container they come in.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 03:00:42 AM »
Yup...Either that or an air compressor with proper adaptor

What would you consider a proper adapter? I just use an air gun to get most of the water off and then get the balance with a waffle weave towel.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 01:17:14 PM »
Joe,

Move this to the "Detailing" Section.....

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 05:44:51 PM »
Sly Bob, got it for you!!!

Offline sol_man

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Enjoying the cool summer
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 09:30:30 AM »
I have some crazy hard water out here in the country so I use the Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash!  Then I have a couple of chamois to pull off any remaining water.  Then use the air compressor around the lights & such. 

Now that our snow is gone I have taken her out but everything has turned to mud!  It's sad....but I hear spring is coming!   :woohoo:
Sly with premium-auto-spoiler-pedals-onstar-xm-monsoon-crome wheels-a/c-headliner.
BSR Tune / GM Performance Exhaust / Xenon fog lights / K&N drop in / Debadged
Best 1/4 - 13.12 @ 102.6 / 60 foot 1.9 seconds
0-60 in 4.37 seconds

Offline Lucy'sDaddy

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
    • Lucy's cardomain page
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 10:24:36 PM »
Micro-fiber towels here.