Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2013 NASSM selection thread  (Read 3814 times)

Offline 1KULSOL

• Founding Member
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
2013 NASSM selection thread
« on: January 24, 2012, 09:59:38 PM »
there has been a lot of discussion on Facebook concerning the selection of a site for 2013 NASSM and a bunch of us want to move this process forward ... here is a quote from Martin Scott - Phoenix SKY-SOL Club:

The Phoenix SKY-SOL Club had an event this morning and all members who showed up were given the opportunity to provide feedback for the possibility of them hosting 2013 in Flagstaff. All were very excited and some are already tossing ideas around to build a mock event schedule... I can say with out a doubt that if Flagstaff is chosen for the 2013 NASSM there will more than enough volunteers to plan, promote, and execute what would definitely be a great event
we have solicited via FB for any other group that might have an interest in hosting the 2013 NASSM and The Phoenix SKY-SOL Club is the only group that has stepped forward ...

ANY GROUP that wishes to host the 2013 NASSM should post to this thread NLT March 1st 2012 ... if we have no other groups wanting to host then we will have the 2013 NASSM in Flagstaff AZ.

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
Re: 2013 NASSM selection thread
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 08:52:28 AM »
I think Flagstaff is very deserving. It should have great weather (earlier the better for AZ)

The east coast has been hogging up the nationals, Canton, Asheville, so it is only fair that AZ gets their chance.

If the group there is excited and wants to do it, I say go for it!

(But what do I know, im just some dumb kid)
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »
Thanks for the thread 1KULSOL and your comments miller11386!  If it is in Flagstaff, Arizona that would be an awesome place to have 2013 NASSM!  I have been to Flagstaff, Arizona many times for Financial Aids Meetings when Carol and I and family lived in Arizona for 5 years way back and my youngest son, Rob, was born in Tucson, Arizona so if you need any input on the state I would be glad to add some comments as I have traveled all over it during our time in the great state of Arizona. 

Canton,Ohio and Ashville, North Carolina were great locations as well!  The the weather in Flagstaff is cold in the winter and delightful in the spring, fall, and summer months.  Flagstaff, Arizona is certainly a gorgeous location to have the 2013 NASSM!  :thumbs: :usa:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:44:47 AM by GXPinKC »
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:46:34 PM »
I've always thought NASSM generally attracted two types of attendees;
1. Those that will drive whereever it's held.
2. Those that will only attend if it's (relevantly) close to them. 

2006 NASSM-Kansas, MO
2007 NASSM-Nashville, TN
2008 NASSM-Las Vegas, CO
2009 NASSM-Denver, CO
2010 NASSM-Canton, OH
2011 NASSM-Austin, TX
2012 NASSM-Ascheville, NC

With no established national committee to decide on how to pick areas (i.e. NSEW) location will always remain a vocal popularity contest.  Which basically means a lot of folks may not ever go because it's never close to them.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:46:41 PM by ChopTop »

Offline dengel

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »
I think Flagstaff is very deserving. It should have great weather (earlier the better for AZ)

The east coast has been hogging up the nationals, Canton, Asheville, so it is only fair that AZ gets their chance.

If the group there is excited and wants to do it, I say go for it!

(But what do I know, im just some dumb kid)

I wouldn't say the east has been hogging the Nationals.  As a community, we have tried very hard to alternate the location east to west so that everyone has an opportunity to attend one not too far from home.

Completing ChopTop's List is :

2006 NASM - Kansas City (Central)
2007 NASSM-Nashville, TN (East)
2008 NASSM-Las Vegas, CO (West)
2009 NASSM-Denver, CO (West)
2010 NASSM-Canton, OH (East)
2011 NASSM-Austin, TX (West)
2012 NASSM-Ascheville, NC (East)

With that being said, if we follow the pattern of alternating east and west, then AZ would be a great choice for 2013.

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »
Awesome news!  Can't wait for the NASSM 2013.  Carol and I will make every effort to attend!  We had a blast at the first NASM held in Kansas City, Missouri back in 2006, the 2007 NASSM in Nashville, Tennessee, and the 2009 NASSM in Denver, Colorado.  Rock On!!!

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 10:29:08 PM »
What it really boils down to is this: If the Arizona group is confident that they can pull off a national style event, and find and support enough activities to keep a national level turnout of Kappa owners satisfied and enthusiastic, then they can announce their intention and run with it.

There is no group of Kappa owners that has any authority to tell them they can't have the event(s) or even any authority to "award" a NASSM to them.  Both Austin and Asheville were done this way, Austin turned out well, and 5 months from now we'll know how well Asheville went.

All the events before Austin were "sanctioned" by NASSOA, which dissolved after giving all its remaining funds to the Canton group.
Aggressive #000741

Offline 1KULSOL

• Founding Member
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 08:32:43 PM »
Their has been so much POSITIVE feedback on Flagstaff for 2013 that without further ado ... and not waiting until March 1st ... that Flagstaff AZ will host the 2013 NASSM .. Martin hsaid someone from his group will fly in to Asheville and make a presentation and accept

Offline Va_Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 09:07:56 PM »
Congratulations on 2013 Martin. There's no need to fly anyone out To Asheville because we are not having a sit down Banquet at 2012. But we will if announce and pass out any information and flier or cards that you may have to advertise the event.
08 Redline Midnight Blue
Black/Black,
Three Pedals (Do They Make'm Any Other Way?),
Spoiler, Chrome, Monsoon,
Opel GT Antenna, V2 Windrestrictor,
JPM Embroidered Visor Covers and Console,
GM Stage 2

DDM - Backbone, Pro-Beam, Fuel Filter, Powder Coated Valve Cover,
Coil Cover, Charge Pipes, Intercooler, Big Wheel Turbo

High Country Solstice Sky Club

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »
Their has been so much POSITIVE feedback on Flagstaff for 2013 that without further ado ... and not waiting until March 1st ... that Flagstaff AZ will host the 2013 NASSM .. Martin said someone from his group will fly in to Asheville and make a presentation and accept

Awesome Indeed 1KULSOL!  Unless health issues arise, I and Carol will indeed make the 2013 NASSM to be held in Flagstaff, Arizona.  "Miss Red Eagle" our early order Aggressive 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP will be hot to trot to the 2013 NASSM and Flagstaff, Arizona.  I do indeed hope that a Mean Kappa will show up to represent in the great state of Arizona because Arizona is known as the sunshine state for good reason!  Kinda wish we owned a 2007 Mean Pontiac Solstice GXP to drive down to the Meet, that would be swell indeed!  Carol could drive tag-team, always have admired the "Mean" color, in fact just about ordered it instead of the Aggressive. 

Should be a large number of local Kappa's present at the 2013 NASSM!  I would indeed like to know how many Kappa's find their home in the great state of Arizona.  Anyway, location, weather, amenity's, and sunshine will abound for sure.  I and Carol cannot wait for this one!!! :drool: :drive: :thumbs: :2c: :usa:

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 12:55:41 PM »
With no established national committee to decide on how to pick areas (i.e. NSEW) location will always remain a vocal popularity contest.  Which basically means a lot of folks may not ever go because it's never close to them.

Everyone wants to make this a big deal. Each area of the nation has a group that does events, some bigger, some smaller. They may not be a "national" event but each corner of the country has something to do if you seek it out. I personally find that the smaller events blow the national events out of the water. The being able to talk to everyone and enjoy car talk with some of the small groups is what keeps me in a kappa and not buying a vette. (god knows I want to pick a C6 up) If it turned out that the NEO's disbanded and SMMM was discontinued, I probably would dump the car and move on.

That being said many people love national events. So its good to try to move it around the country as support for a large event allows. However support for an event must always come before a location of an event. Ask anyone who has been involved with planning a national and you will know that its nothing but a year of solid work for everyone else to enjoy. From what I have read on FB and through the forums, the people in AZ seemed pumped and ready to go. They also seem to have the support of the local group, so I am sure they will do a fantastic job.
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 09:20:26 AM »
Everyone wants to make this a big deal...

:urock:

AZ is great and there are some really nice Mountains. If my health allows and the funds are there, we will try to make it, but will GoLite and camp.

Drove this Labor Day weekend of 2010  :D

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=25936

So, Mexican Hat Utah would have been my vote, but I was occupied with severe eye issues and didn't toss my vote in.

:tool:  :buff:  :poke:  :usa:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:32:30 AM by duckSol »
2012 Summer SOLSTICE In The Land Of SKY