Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Service Unavailable error  (Read 2184 times)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Service Unavailable error
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »
My apologies to all. 

One of host gators tools called Attacta is used to keep the site active in search engines.  I renewed it last night and today they indexed the site during peak server time.  This wasn't in my control and used more than 25% of the server's CPU.  The server flagged it and since I'm not on a dedicated server, host gator automatically suspended the account until I called them to resolve the issue.  I was instructed to enable caching.  SMF has an option to enable caching but I had never seleced it due the message under the setting stated, "SMF has not been able to detect a compatible accelerator on your server"

It's checked now.   This was done about 7 pm EST.  They said it would take about an hour or so for it be reactivated. 

EDIT: Checked back at 9pm and the didn't enable it yet.  Not sure what's taking so long.

Regards,

Joe
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:08:23 PM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: Service Unavailable error
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:39:05 AM »
Do you know how much some of us drank last night due to withdrawal??

:D

Stupid Hosts   Bluehost does some similar crap on occasion and it's real annoying.

Here is a weird question
How come animated gifs don't work in the avatar on this site?
I have the same avatar on a different SMF 2.0 forum and it works and in looking through the admin settings  I can find any reason why it works or doesn't work.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 09:56:45 AM »
The funny thing was the message it gave... "you are not allowed to view this site [...] your IP has been logged"   :goat:
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline SHiNY

• Faster than Slowest Romanian
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
Do you know how much some of us drank last night due to withdrawal??

:D

How did that rum work out for you ;)

Thank you for fixing this Joe! I was quite traumatized :cryin:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 10:57:24 AM »
FYI, all forums log your ip each time you logon and for every post.   That message is a standard message and it should be ingored. 

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 11:23:11 AM »
I was jonesing because I couldnt get on here. Checking back every half hour until I went to bed. Was like calvin biggums when I woke up and saw it working this morning.

2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 11:37:15 AM »
 :cryin: I missed all the fun  :gaah:
2012 Summer SOLSTICE In The Land Of SKY

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 02:26:07 PM »
Nice job Joe, thank you for running and keep this alive for others, you have all my respect for your work if it was any room left  :cheers:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 09:46:47 PM »
:cryin: I missed all the fun  :gaah:

Duck ; you didn't miss anything Cause there was Nobody Here . It was hard for me to find something else to do All night. It was still running Wednesday morning . Ilogged on to check for messages.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass