Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: engine code  (Read 6038 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Re: engine code
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 05:56:11 PM »
All mine ever had was Sunoco 93 .  Alot of BP's were I think bought by Texeco/Gulf so Now if I can't find a sunoco I look for Texeco . I never had any luck with Shell Even in the PT or when O had the 47  .Use to be able to get Sunoco in 94 all the time now they have the Purple pump and thats up to 6.50+Gal
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 07:19:02 PM »
out of state, I always get BP.

Hate em or love em... they always have good fresh 93 octane in every state on the east coast
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 08:59:45 PM »
 Got the sensors cleaned .Checked the GMPP wire job and Jerry Chevrolet did them right, Even used the Heat shrink connections. Cleared the Codes and went down the road popped it up to 18 PSI o couple times and so far so good. When I drove to the garage it was poping like I didn't have a Mufler on it and tried to cut out a few times at stop lights.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 11:21:29 PM »
Did a Google search on this. One guy on an HHR site spoke about butt connectors being problematic, and he soldered all the connections. In his case, it resolved his problem. More interesting was this ---

This code means that the computer has seen a situation where there is not the correct amount of vacuum to regulate the turbocharger waste gate.Here is a description of the circuit.
The problem is usually a faulty vacuum pump,sensor or waste gate solenoid.
The powertrain control module (PCM) controls boost using the turbocharger waste gate solenoid. The solenoid is pulse width modulated (PWM). When the waste gate solenoid is not energized, the vacuum to the turbocharger waste gate solenoid is vented to atmosphere through the solenoid. As the pulse width is increased by the PCM, more vacuum is applied through the solenoid to the waste gate actuator. At idle a higher vacuum to the waste gate actuator helps keep the waste gate closed. At higher engine speeds the vacuum supplied by the solenoid is less, allowing the turbocharger boost pressure to overcome the waste gate actuator.

And this is why this sounded familiar. I still have OEM pressure sensors, but did have this code popping up a while back. I replaced the turbo control modules (one on the turbo and the other on top of the intake manifold) to resolve it. It seems that the discussion here is centered on the air charge pressure sensors, and if you have the 3 bar sensors, soldering the leads instead of butt connectors has been the fix per the BB and multiple HHR and Cobalt forums.

HTH.
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 05:42:27 AM »
Got the sensors cleaned .Checked the GMPP wire job and Jerry Chevrolet did them right, Even used the Heat shrink connections. Cleared the Codes and went down the road popped it up to 18 PSI o couple times and so far so good. When I drove to the garage it was poping like I didn't have a Mufler on it and tried to cut out a few times at stop lights.

I noticed a lot of "snapping and popping" when I was resetting codes and fuel trims by removing the negative terminal. (I do not have a muffler)

the car has to relearn your elevation, barometric air pressure, humidity, etc and adjust trims accordingly. Give it some time to learn before you get in is throat.
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 07:12:46 AM »
 The poping and back fire was before I did anything . When I cleared the code ( so far its running OK) it ran good
Mods

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 07:58:46 AM »
The poping and back fire was before I did anything . When I cleared the code ( so far its running OK) it ran good

That is an odd occurrence that I had over the past few weeks but with a different code. I was fighting a bad up stream O2 sensor and various codes. P2297 was the first of three that would set. Before I CEL was lit, the car would start to idle roughly. Scanning would reveal the code, and with the engine running the idle would instantly smooth out when the code was cleared. How a code could "lock" a driveability symptom I weird.

I have a question for you. Have you run the car with the Westers Tune and WITHOUT the Sprint Booster? Seems that they would not like each other unless Lyndon tweaked the tune to it.

You had mentioned cleaning the MAFs. What did you use? Having used the wrong cleaner on mine, I know what NOT to do !!!!! Mine started running VERY poorly for quite a while before setting codes. Since then I replaced the killed MAF, cleared the codes, and never used anything but MAF cleaner spray. The K&N filter WILL oil the MAF and it takes VERY little to muck up the MAF. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:04:05 AM by snaponbob »
Bob Buxbaum

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »
SOB  The sprint booster is still on from 2008. I had Joe take the westers Race tune off a year ago because of warranty work and its not been reinstalled yet . Still in storage on Joe's computer (I hope). only thing on is GMPP up grade . I use MAF spray cleaner . I have the K&N  CAI but using no Oil on it . I'll find out later if it still OK .
Mods

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »
Well, nothing left but to solder the connectors per the HHR and BB guys. Worth trying, huh?
Bob Buxbaum

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 08:40:43 PM »
Well, nothing left but to solder the connectors per the HHR and BB guys. Worth trying, huh?
They were already done.Everything working OK for now Time will tell .
  Thanks Everybody for all the Help and info .
Mods

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
    • Ryuk
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 08:44:11 PM »
SOB
I think you missed this post
Checked the GMPP wire job and Jerry Chevrolet did them right, Even used the Heat shrink connections. Cleared the Codes and went down the road popped it up to 18 PSI o couple times and so far so good.

His connectors are already soldered and it seems like the car is running well.

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »
SOB
I think you missed this post
His connectors are already soldered and it seems like the car is running well.

Nope. Saw that. People use heat shrink butt connectors all the time. If his are soldered, all the better.
Bob Buxbaum

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
    • Ryuk
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 10:49:35 PM »
Then I guess reading comprehension classed are in order
Because he was responding to me asking about the connectors being soldered
and
also stated everything was working now

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 11:08:28 PM »
OH well they are done and now I'm hunting for wires in another section Thank you all.
Mods