Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Sun Visor  (Read 7387 times)

Offline EarthNTX

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Sun Visor
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 09:53:52 PM »
..brown paper bag? uh huh..I see  :lol:
Ride it like you mean it.

Offline Derf

• Tech
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 10:01:42 PM »
I read somewhere that the labels are placed in the mold for the visor before injecting the plastic, so it becomes part of the visor.
I painted mine with Rust-Oleum Specialty Textured Plastic Paint. it has a textured finish to it.
Clean the visor and use a couple of light coats.

Offline EarthNTX

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2012, 10:46:38 PM »
Yep..it seems embedded/incorporated right into the plastic. Wonder who the wise guy was that thought of that, eh? ;)

I'm going to do something about them soon. I notice them more with the top's down and the sun's in my face, lol

Goodnight and thanks for all the tips. :)

Offline Smiling Clint

• Founding Member
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2012, 05:01:03 PM »
The sticker I had said: "WARNING this Pontic GXP comes equipped with a 260 horsepower 2.0 liter turbo charged ECOTEC engine. This turbo charged sports car will do 0-60 in less than 5.5 seconds and has a top speed of 142+ MPH!!!
A trained professional must operate this sports car at all times.
If you can't handle extreme power this roadster produces, please drive a Mazda Miata!"

But after I put a tune in, it no longer held true.  :cool:
I'm very intelligent, but I mask it by doing stupid stuff.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 05:21:18 PM »
That was the sticker that 1 lil ndn gave me at a mod meet a few years ago and I still have it on the car. Still holds true.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline EarthNTX

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »
I've decided to put a sticker over it. I ordered a few from amazon and am patiently waiting for them in the mail.

They are nasty, I must admit!  :lol:

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 07:14:49 PM »
..brown paper bag? uh huh..I see  :lol:

Oh I have absolutely no trouble being a passenger.  It's the evening after parties that get me.  Unfortunately, I'm well known for my Yak-tastic abilities after beverages.

:barf:  :barf2:

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 07:16:46 PM »
I read somewhere that the labels are placed in the mold for the visor before injecting the plastic, so it becomes part of the visor.
I painted mine with Rust-Oleum Specialty Textured Plastic Paint. it has a textured finish to it.
Clean the visor and use a couple of light coats.

Whoa....It's the man behind the camera!!!!  :yay:
Hope you are doing great Derf!

Offline Derf

• Tech
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 10:41:54 PM »
Whoa....It's the man behind the camera!!!!  :yay:
Hope you are doing great Derf!

Doing great Thanks, How have you been?

Offline EarthNTX

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 04:39:50 PM »
Ok. After all this, my visors are still the same. I'm going to buy some of that plasti dip y'all so highly recommend and do them, once and for all.

Now..I want to do the chrome rings around the guages and that one around the shifter. I guess I would have to give them a good cleaning, then maybe clean them again with alcohol (?) and then spray them. How does that sound? I'm fed up with the sun glaring in my eyes. I have eye issues and the glare's like someone's used a camera flash right in front of my eyes.

Also..those chrome rings around the air vents. Do they just pop off?

Thanks for any advice you can give. :)

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 05:09:50 PM »
Ok. After all this, my visors are still the same. I'm going to buy some of that plasti dip y'all so highly recommend and do them, once and for all.

Now..I want to do the chrome rings around the guages and that one around the shifter. I guess I would have to give them a good cleaning, then maybe clean them again with alcohol (?) and then spray them. How does that sound? I'm fed up with the sun glaring in my eyes. I have eye issues and the glare's like someone's used a camera flash right in front of my eyes.

Also..those chrome rings around the air vents. Do they just pop off?

Thanks for any advice you can give. :)

Let us know how it stands up to interior wear and tear.  I'm starting to get chips and knicks in my rims now.  But the grill seems to be holding up very well compared to some tremclad I had been using before.  Over the winter, I'll remove the plasti dip when the winter wheels are on, and put on a much thicker coat.  Let's see if that does the trick.  If I still get chips and knicks, I might try scuffing the chrome down a bit.

Offline EarthNTX

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 05:42:01 PM »
I figured that chrome is extremely slippery, so I might use a fine grit sandpaper on them first. I'll try the shifter one to begin with and if it looks lousy, at least it's not right in my face like the one around the gauges, right?

I need to know if the chrome rings around the air vents just pop off. I suppose I could give it a try if no one knows and then I can tell y'all whether they do or not.  :yay:

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »
I figured that chrome is extremely slippery, so I might use a fine grit sandpaper on them first. I'll try the shifter one to begin with and if it looks lousy, at least it's not right in my face like the one around the gauges, right?

I need to know if the chrome rings around the air vents just pop off. I suppose I could give it a try if no one knows and then I can tell y'all whether they do or not.  :yay:

Yah, the whole idea for me is, if I'm gonna go with Plasti-Dip I want it to be reversable, so not scuffing the chrome.  If I have to scuff the chrome, I might as well paint it.

Offline EarthNTX

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2012, 08:40:22 AM »
So true. The point is NOT to ruin what's underneath that dip. Good advice. I'm going to try it without scuffing it.  :thumbs:

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Sun Visor
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 12:45:01 AM »
No need to scuff or even clean when painting with plasti dip. Although, i always clean thoroughly as i am retentive that way. Several (5) light coats. When you think your done, put one more coat on. Not because it will look better, but because it will remove easier! 
Make the right choices now

Offline EarthNTX

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2012, 09:58:03 AM »
Gotcha! :) Makes sense. Thanks. I got the air vent rings off and they're done. The shifter ring is almost done. Pulling the guage ring assembly off today. Chrome is too shiny for me here, where the sun's very strong I find. I have light sensitive eyes and have to be careful.

Have a good one! :)