Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Go Pro Hero 2... first reactions and some footage.  (Read 1862 times)

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
Go Pro Hero 2... first reactions and some footage.
« on: May 27, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »
I recently picked up a go pro hero 2 after a ton of debate. As far as the camera goes, I absolutely love it. Its responsive, and takes pretty amazing footage. The audio is kind of lacking IMO, but that is not exactly what they are designed for.

As far as a camera, the only attachment that I have picked up so far is the LCD bacpac. And this LCD screen is absolutely necessary if you want to get the shots the first time. I tried make test video at home before getting the LCD... and it wasnt even close. I was WAY too far back. The FOV on the hero 2 is very suprising. You have to get about 3 feet from a car to get a decent photo of it. Anyway I figured if anyone was debating on picking one up, I would just share my experience with it. I took it to the track, slapped it on my friends car, and let it go. He ran just an 11.59 @ over 100 mph. Go pro held on strong.

My only complaint is that my old crappy laptop will not play the HD videos back without stammering and studdering. So if you get one, make sure your home PC is up to the challenge of playing the videos. I played it on my friends laptop with no issues. Video is crystal clear and looks fantastic.

Uploading to youtube takes some time as well. I recommend just starting the upload at night and letting it up load while you sleep. The video below took over 5 hours to upload and it is only 7 min of footage.

Anyway to the good parts:
Camera:

Camera with all mounts:

Some still's of my DD.. as you can see FOV is SUPER wide. It can be reduced through camera settings, however this was the widest angle:

Strapped the camera on the bumble bee waiting to go down the drag strip:

Here is the footage from the camera. The racing starts about 3:10 in:

AD Evo 11.59.MP4

I plan to get more inside shots soon, but i was pretty pleased how easy it was to use.
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline 40rtyp

• Master Tech
Re: Go Pro Hero 2... first reactions and some footage.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 12:36:57 PM »
What's the megapixel on the camera? From what i have read the lens is a better one providing even more crisp recordings and now you have Inputs for a Mic......no more wind noice. :thumbs:

I have contemplated on getting this and selling my Regular Hero 1080p(HD).
2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks Charge Pipes & Intercooler, Solo Performance 3" Mach Shorty, ZZP S1 cams, Supertech Valve springs, Forge BPV, SPEC Stage 3+, Android "Torque" bluetooth RPD, HPT full e85 tuned by TERM2. 368whp 446wtrq stock turbo

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
Re: Go Pro Hero 2... first reactions and some footage.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »
camera takes 11MP photos

it is also much better in low light than most cameras. I was able to take a test video in a dark garage and still see clearly what was going on even when I couldnt see very well with the NAK3D eye as i took the video
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE