Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hello Fellow Kappa Lovers!  (Read 9954 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Re: Hello Fellow Kappa Lovers!
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 09:24:57 PM »
Joe's car and Dark tech and seeing the inside should have been the Giveaway.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 07:30:56 AM »
Vid is major reason I'm lusting to go Solo, however since our coupe is an auto I have a feeling it won't be as satisfying sound wise as a manual.

BTW Dabbler, nother Kappa tip, never let anyone shut the hood if the door are fully open either, and of course invest in some jacking point pucks so rocker panels don't get crushed.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:34:41 AM by ChopTop »

Offline NormSky

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 07:59:31 AM »
Welcome! Interesting interesting demographic coming from your geographic area regarding Kappa ownership. Maybe because they were made just north in Delaware?
07 Sky Hahn Boosted - 44 MPG  40 mpg with air conditioning on.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 09:25:48 AM »
Too funny Chop, I was going to say your house and road look a lot like Joe's (DeepBlue),  They I realized that is Dee's (Lady-in-Red) car.  The lake was the give away.

And Look
It's my Favorite Cop on the left side
Tell him Lusifer says hello

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 09:27:30 AM »
I would have thought the garage at the very beginning was the give away.  That was before he built the shed for Kappa parts.

Not to mention the other two Kappas there.  Just never noticed the garage, think I must have been grabbing my ear piece.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline dabbler

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 02:59:59 PM »
Welcome to the Kappa Koupe Klub!
Not sure if you're interested in performance modding, GMPP (Crate Engine Depot), plus their plug & play pigtail so no more crimping into original harness), of course others prefer the Westers Tune, and DDM Probeam & Backbone, and couple different front chassis braces available to tighten it up. 

Solo Performance for exhaust.   Just be aware to advise them you have a coupe because they'll probably advise resonators due to the coupes inherent cabin drone.

If auto, 4 for around town driving, D for highway (fth gear).

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f114/comprehensive-solstice-coupe-production-numbers-data-61972/

Go-Driven appreciates last 6 digits of VIN to attempts to keep record of coupe owners on big board.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f114/solstice-coupe-list-january-2012-a-71112/

Respectful folks here, without the drama.

Thanks for the tips and the links!

Kappa Koupe Klub, I like the sound of that... but not the acronym.  :(

I joined Solsticeforum, just so I could add my info to the coupe list, but between me, you and my keyboard I think this is my preferred place to hang out... time will tell.

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 06:17:48 PM »
Welcome fellow coupe owner!

Offline SHiNY

• Faster than Slowest Romanian
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
Re: Re: Hello Fellow Kappa Lovers!
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 07:20:21 PM »
I joined Solsticeforum, just so I could add my info to the coupe list, but between me, you and my keyboard I think this is my preferred place to hang out... time will tell.

You obviously haven't met GJ yet.

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 08:36:45 PM »
Welcome to the Kappa Koupe Klub!
Not sure if you're interested in performance modding, GMPP (Crate Engine Depot), plus their plug & play pigtail so no more crimping into original harness), of course others prefer the Westers Tune, and DDM Probeam & Backbone, and couple different front chassis braces available to tighten it up. 

Solo Performance for exhaust.   Just be aware to advise them you have a coupe because they'll probably advise resonators due to the coupes inherent cabin drone.

Solstice GXP Coupe with Solo RCD Exhaust and High Flow CAT

If auto, 4 for around town driving, D for highway (fth gear).

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f114/comprehensive-solstice-coupe-production-numbers-data-61972/

Go-Driven appreciates last 6 digits of VIN to attempts to keep record of coupe owners on big board.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f114/solstice-coupe-list-january-2012-a-71112/

Respectful folks here, without the drama.

dabbler, I brought ChopTop's post forward because he mentioned Solo Exhaust and he is correct Solo is awesome!!  We attended the Summer Solstice in the Land of Sky held in Ashville, North Carolina June 19th through June 24th.  Now some modes were added to Miss Red Eagle and one was the Solo Mach Exhausts!   Well it was love at first push of the pedal as we drove back to Kansas.  The burble was awesome and wow what a difference.  I am one happy camper!!!
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline bb_kaytor

• The Deep End
  • Tech
  • Aggressive Red GXP Coupe
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 12:47:32 PM »
dabbler, I brought ChopTop's post forward because he mentioned Solo Exhaust and he is correct Solo is awesome!!  We attended the Summer Solstice in the Land of Sky held in Ashville, North Carolina June 19th through June 24th.  Now some modes were added to Miss Red Eagle and one was the Solo Mach Exhausts!   Well it was love at first push of the pedal as we drove back to Kansas.  The burble was awesome and wow what a difference.  I am one happy camper!!!

Which solo did you go with?  I am in KC as well, and am looking at changing exhausts on my coupe this winter.  I would love to get together sometime so that I could hear how your exhaust sounds!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Current cars:
09 GXP Coupe
69 Firebird
88 Fiero GT
03 Bonneville SSeI
98 Bonneville SSeI
88 Mercedes 300e
91 TransAm GTA

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 02:52:06 PM »
Coupe will sound different on the inside as compared to the vert.  If you have a GXP Coupe, do not get the high flow cat and you MUST use resonators in the back to kill the drone and high decibles.  WOT without the resonators and high flow cat on a GXP Coupe was almost 100dB.  I have since reverted back to the stock cat and added resonators.  Sounds great and I can hear the radio again.   Coupe NA: I don't recommend the high flow cat either.  JimmyBaja can attest to that.

Offline bb_kaytor

• The Deep End
  • Tech
  • Aggressive Red GXP Coupe
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »
Coupe will sound different on the inside as compared to the vert.  If you have a GXP Coupe, do not get the high flow cat and you MUST use resonators in the back to kill the drone and high decibles.  WOT without the resonators and high flow cat on a GXP Coupe was almost 100dB.  I have since reverted back to the stock cat and added resonators.  Sounds great and I can hear the radio again.   Coupe NA: I don't recommend the high flow cat either.  JimmyBaja can attest to that.

Thanks Deepblue!  I would have never guessed that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Current cars:
09 GXP Coupe
69 Firebird
88 Fiero GT
03 Bonneville SSeI
98 Bonneville SSeI
88 Mercedes 300e
91 TransAm GTA

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 06:56:54 PM »
2.4 N/A coupe w/sqr2 is near 80db highway speeds, 90+db full throttle - w/ high flow cat its about 85-87 db highway & obout 104 db full throttle. Jeff says he has extra resonators now for the 2.4 that helps but high flow cat still not recommended.
Call & talk to Jeff at Solo Performance - great guy!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 07:03:34 PM »
And yet we were still able to hear you laugh when you beat DBG at the Drag strip.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2012, 07:07:51 PM »
He, he, he  :devil: