Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: How to remove Plasti Dip  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
How to remove Plasti Dip
« on: July 25, 2012, 05:25:10 PM »
Took out the Porter Cable DA to spruce up the paint. Poured a little Maguires Ultimate Compound on the hood, fired up the DA and proceeded to fling the crap every which way. Yes, I forgot to spread the compound out first! Anyway, some of it landed on the windshield surround and promptly ate through the plasti dip. Now you know. Moral of the story is to always polish your car by hand...   :nuts:
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline blackbirdracing

• Master Tech
  • Kappa Newb
Re: How to remove Plasti Dip
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 10:42:10 PM »
That sucks...

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 10:45:42 PM »
Took out the Porter Cable DA to spruce up the paint. Poured a little Maguires Ultimate Compound on the hood, fired up the DA and proceeded to fling the crap every which way. Yes, I forgot to spread the compound out first! Anyway, some of it landed on the windshield surround and promptly ate through the plasti dip. Now you know. Moral of the story is to always polish your car by hand...   :nuts:

From what I've seen of it, if it was applied thick enough, it peels off easily.

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 11:46:02 PM »
Now I know the easy way to remove it!  Thanks!    :D

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 10:21:36 AM »
From what I've seen of it, if it was applied thick enough, it peels off easily.

Yes it will. But removal was not my intention!
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
How to remove Plasti Dip
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 06:41:45 PM »
Oops!
Make the right choices now

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »
Oops!

Luckily it's plasti dip! Cheap and easy...  :worms: