Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2015 NASSM location selection thread  (Read 4572 times)

Offline Bagpypr

• Tech
2015 NASSM location selection thread
« on: July 24, 2012, 02:58:28 PM »
Hi everyone, The Pacific Northwest Roadsters would like to officially be considered to host the 2015 NASSM Event. The location would be Portland, Oregon. This would be the first National event to be held on the west coast. We currently have 91 members in our local club with an established Events Committee. We have planned numerous events since our inception in 2007. We just finished out 4th Regional event and it was a huge success. We have a good working relationship with all of the clubs surrounding us. Thank you!

:cool:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: 2015 NASSM location selection thread
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:49 PM »
Audience will be limited due to the location but if you set it up there will always be the hardcore kappa owners that make the event. Good luck!

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Offline Bagpypr

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »
That is quite possibly true. 

However, wait until you see what we have lined up.  But I won't talk about it until we are chosen and until 2014 NASSM starts. 

Just putting our club in the hat for discussion and getting people thinking about it is all.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
2015 NASSM location selection thread
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:10:52 AM »
Wow. That is some advanced planning. I sure hope the world is still spinning in 2015
Make the right choices now

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:17:53 AM »
Here's my  :2c:, learned from the Fiero world after the collapse of the FOCOA (Fiero Owners Club of America).  A group of enthusiasts that weren't located near bright neon lights or mile-high mountains that were filled with miles and miles of driving scenery. 

Fans of the car simply decided to go their own way by hosting and putting on the best show they could year in and year out.  Their dedication to the car was the reason they were able to put on the best show for the car year in and year out.  And then a funny thing happen, slowly by word of mouth (and forums) it turned into THE show to go for the year.  Yes, there were attendance exception's around anniversary years but that's only because the GM plant still existed and GM agree to participate by bringing their concept cars and some of the people that were involved in the program either still worked for them or still had residences in the area and would sometimes volunteer to be speakers.  Otherwise it was always the WI Dells. 

Then Florida fans began doing the same thing and enthusiasts had to decide should we go to the Dells or should we go to FL show?  It didn't really matter because they knew regardless of what one they'd go to they were going to have a good time and weren't going to have to worry about the yearly debates of where should the next show be located at.

It's not democratic or fair, but as far as I know it's still working out great for everyone concerned.  Come if you want, we'll miss you if you can't or don't, but we're still doing it this way because it works for us and we don't want the drama of trying to please everyone year in and year out.

Same for the vendors, should we participate in the Dells or FL show this year?  Sometimes that would sway participants decision, some times it wouldn't.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 01:26:39 PM »
Audience will be limited due to the location but if you set it up there will always be the hardcore kappa owners that make the event. Good luck!

Sent from my LGL55C using Elfftalk 2

I don't know how limited it will be but for those that want to go the distance won't be an issue.  Kind of like how far some people will travel to make it to the MM.

Like I said before there is nothing keeping people from having two national meets, especially if they are on opposite sides of the country.  Maybe set up a live video feed between the two.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 06:07:04 PM »
Here is a problem for our group...there were only a handful of vendors at Asheville.  4 I think.  And it's going to be really hard for them to make it to 2 nationals.  Especially if the 2 nationals are held at the same time.  It's not like we have a bunch of vendors to choose from.

But hey, I'm just happy to see someone thinking ahead and tossing their hat in the ring!  Good job! :)

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 06:16:06 PM »
If there are 2 events, maybe one on the summer solstice and one during the winter solstice  :idk:
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 303whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane

Offline 1KULSOL

• Founding Member
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
If there are 2 events, maybe one on the summer solstice and one during the winter solstice  :idk:
Excellent idea .... but the Winter Solstice event needs to be in an area that it doesn't snow :)

Offline MomsSol

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 07:51:02 PM »
Excellent idea .... but the Winter Solstice event needs to be in an area that it doesn't snow :)
And still has great roads!  Trouble with the winter meet would also mean some of us can't travel long distances in the winter...too much snow!  And, those who put their cars away for the winter...IMHO it would really reduce the number of attendees.
Just here to help a friend! :thumbs:
True Lady Gearhead :)
We'll Miss You PONTIAC! :cryin:

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 09:26:11 PM »

December 21 is too close to Christmas to have a big event, at least IMNSHO.  But I like your thinking . . .    :thumbs:  :yay:
Aggressive #000741

Offline Bagpypr

• Tech
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 05:28:08 PM »
All really great points.  I am a fan of the 2 Nationals and I like the idea of a summer and a winter Nationals.  Although, Portland will take the Summer Solstice.  We get enough rain in the winter months to waterlog just about anything.

Thanks everyone for all of the feedback.  My club has had 4 successful Regional events, we are planning our 5th.  We have great relations with all of the clubs that surround us.  I have some fantastic ideas of what we are planning and I would like to share them, but that would be unfair to the 2013 and 2014 Nationals; because if I told you, you'd skip them to attend ours!  lol

I am planning on attending Nationals 2013, so buy me a beer and I'll share my plans with you then  :)

I love my car and I really appreciate everyone who owns one of these fantastic cars!!  :drive:

:cool:

Offline diamoney

• Master Tech
  • I coulda had a V8! But I'm not a fan of tomatoes.
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 12:57:23 AM »
Hmmmmm....

Instead of winterizing, just ship the Sol to Hawaii and that can be everyone's Christmas present!  I doubt anyone will complain, "Isn't this what you gave me last year?"

Have it on a different island on a rotating basis and "Bob's your Uncle!"
#000600 S/C
158000+ miles

'07 GXP T/C+
0-100 in what?

Online Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 05:27:29 AM »
Have it on a different island on a rotating basis and "Bob's your Uncle!"

I don't think I am...   :idk:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 11:28:45 AM »
Uncle Bob, can I borrow the car for the weekend of August 29th?
Make the right choices now