Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Chasing P2138. Stumped... -Solved-  (Read 1133 times)

Offline S.P.

• Master Tech
Chasing P2138. Stumped... -Solved-
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »
P2138: Accel Pedal Pos (APP) Sensor 1-2 Correlation

I've been intermittently popping this fault for the past month. It began when I found a harness and idler pulley chaffing. The chaff wrap and a bit of insulation was worn through but no wires were showing. Pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

To me that didn't seem like enough damage to cause any issues. I replaced the accelerator pedal assembly and all was well for a few weeks, then the code returned. I've also exhausted the following fixes that worked for others:

Replaced throttle body
Cleaned/Applied dielectric grease to APP Sensor, Purge Solendoid, Throttle body, and MAF connectors.

The only thing I haven't checked is the Instrument Panel (IP) to body harness connector. Does anyone know where I can find this? Could that small chaff spot on the harness really be the root cause?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:03:59 PM by S.P. »

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Re: Chasing P2138. Stumped...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 11:28:58 PM »
I would be really surprised if that little nik caused any problems.  Not familiar with that CEL though.
Make the right choices now

Offline S.P.

• Master Tech
Re: Chasing P2138. Stumped... -Solved-
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:03:20 PM »
After doing a ton of research I found a thread on skyroadster where someone was having a similar issue that got resolved by soldering the wires at connector C100 together. I took the connector apart and cleaned it. Also applied dielectric grease for good measure. In the 3 weeks since the code hasn't repeated- the longest yet. Glad I didn't have to solder anything. Attached pics of the connector: