Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Fuel sending unit issue???  (Read 1266 times)

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Fuel sending unit issue???
« on: August 08, 2012, 02:39:33 PM »
OK
I was noticing a rattle/squeak coming from the rear of the vehicle while going over small bumps and usually when I apply my brakes.  Thought it might be coming from the wheels or maybe the exhaust might be loose since it was happening while going over small bumps.  Looked under the vehicle and could not find anything loose and I was puzzled at what could be the cause of the squeak.  Had to put some gas in since I was really low less than 1gal acording to the DashHawk so I stopped to get some fuel but I for got to bring my card with me so I only had $15 so that's what I put in about 4 gals.  I noticed that the rattle /squeak stopped after I put in 4 gals of fuel.  I wondered if the noise was actually coming from the fuel tank so I flipped through the DIC and with my fuel gauge reading 1/4 of a tank the DIC reads FUEL RANGE LOW.
My question is could the sending unit actually be loose and causing the rattle and the DIC to display FUEL RANGE LOW?
Input PLEASE.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: Fuel sending unit issue???
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:58:26 PM »
Sending unit inserts from the top as a unit, I would think that if something was loose inside the tank you would have bigger issues than a light.  Could the entire tank be loose.  How is it monted in place anyone know?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia