Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 1KULSOL LS3 Upgrade by DDMWorks  (Read 3171 times)

Offline 1KULSOL

• Founding Member
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
1KULSOL LS3 Upgrade by DDMWorks
« on: September 07, 2012, 07:03:36 PM »
Well here’s a quick update on my LS3 upgrade :
I went up early to DDMWorks (8/27) since Isaac was coming to town and was able to watch Dave and Rick put the finishing touches on 1KULSOL.
Welllllll let me tell you it is a work of art … a big thanks go out to Rob and John the first 2 DDM upgrades for getting 97.3% ;) of the problems out of the way before mine was built … Dave and Rick still haven’t figured out a way to make the cruise control work but I have faith that will be resolved in the coming months.

We left DDMWorks shop at +/- 6:30p heading to the Maryland Mod Meet and I arrived at my motel at +/- 2:45a … per the DIC I got about 24.5mpg … the car ran smoothly on the highway … idling and start up was giving me problems but got progressively better over the weekend … my speedometer was off by 7mph (per GPS) though … Dave is passing on to Ken (tuner) that I have the 3.23 rear end (3.91 is stock) and 255/45/18 tires (245/45/18 is stock) … also some adjustments to start up air etc to smooth out idle and start up issues.
I will be getting the cable and file from Dave next week and will flash the updated tune to 1KULSOL. I found out that it doesn’t really like to operate below 1500 rpm’s unless your cruising at highway speeds or running thru the gears.

You have to see and hear the car to really appreciate it … is it for everyone … no .. is it loud … yes … but not that bad at highway speeds. One project I will be doing over time is adding sound proofing to 1KULSOL to help with the additional noise.

The T56 was a little sticky at first but again gets better as each day goes on … I added the GXP springs to the front and this provided the additional ground clearance I wanted since I have the Koni Sport shocks and this had lowered the front end a little too much.

I am not posting any pictures as Dave/Rick took a bunch and will be posting them later.

AM I satisfied? YES!!!!!!! The attention to detail by Dave and Rick is unbelievable … everyone that has seen 1KULSOL comments on the OEM appearance … and I have gained a new group of “haters” ;) ..

and I will be attending DDMWorks Open House Oct 19 – 21 just in case anyone wants to see it in person.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: 1KULSOL LS3 Upgrade by DDMWorks
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:51:14 PM »
I will be at the Open house.

Be good to see you again.  This time I will have my Sky   :thumbs:

Offline diamoney

• Master Tech
  • I coulda had a V8! But I'm not a fan of tomatoes.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 11:21:50 PM »
 :urock: :drive: :tool: :thumbs:
Glad to hear you are enjoying the NEW KUL!

I have not missed an open house yet and hope to keep that record going, so, see you then! (Crossing fingers for luck....)
#000600 S/C
158000+ miles

'07 GXP T/C+
0-100 in what?

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 11:26:13 PM »
Cllassify me in the hater group! :drool:
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 06:30:47 AM »
+1

Nice to meet you and thank you and DDM for having the chance to see a V8 Kappa for real.

PS: Who is Rick? My roomie Rookie? :D
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 05:11:43 PM »
I was first on the hater's list.  Jealousy is an evil thing.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 09:04:10 PM »
Mike, the car is awesome and something I might consider in the future. You are one lucky guy.    :drool:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
1KULSOL LS3 Upgrade by DDMWorks
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 09:11:27 PM »
I didnt notice the V8. Must have been hidden by all the tire smoke on the way to the beach....
Make the right choices now