Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: P0107 code  (Read 3063 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
P0107 code
« on: September 27, 2012, 08:38:57 PM »
Has anyone had the engine code P0107 ? I Bought (2) new  MAP sensors & "O" rings .took it for a ride then Cleared codes. OBD2 says (1) remaining and don't know what it is HELP
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
P0107 code
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:10:40 PM »
Has anyone had the engine code P0107 ? I Bought (2) new  MAP sensors & "O" rings .took it for a ride then Cleared codes. OBD2 says (1) remaining and don't know what it is HELP

Bobby,

Did you put the two new MAP sensors in or did you just buy them? 

You dont know what the code is?  Or, you know the code is P0107, but you dont know what that is?  Or you know what this is but you dont know what is causing it?
Make the right choices now

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: P0107 code
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 10:35:54 PM »
I think Bobby is saying he still has a code pending but doesn't know what it is?

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 10:44:12 PM »
OK, so all seriousness aside, P0107 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input.  I assume you replaced the MAP sensors, Bobby, and you still have the code.  I'd start looking for a wiring short, probably intermittent.  See if the wires are/have been rubbing against a metal bracket, or similar.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 11:14:57 PM »
I think Bobby is saying he still has a code pending but doesn't know what it is?

Dave  I had the (1) MAP code and (1) pending  Installed the sensors with black "O " rings  then I got the    P0107 Code .Cleared the 2 and 1 remains
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline S.P.

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
I had this code a couple of months back. The 2 bar map sensor that sits on top of the intake manifold under the fuel injectors failed. I picked up a new one from the dealer, but it didn't include the grooved orange seal that fits over the nipple. I swapped the seal over to the new sensor before installation. Its run fine ever since.

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:09:33 PM »
What SP said Is correct the baro sensor is the one that sits on top of the intake mani. 
TS is probably spot on saying look at the wires or possibly just one of the wires on that connector to that sensor for it to trigger that code.  It's basically a code that states there is a short or a loose connection to that sensor.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »
I have a ?? how many wires go the the ( 3 ) bar sensors . There is one that is right at the end of the Plug not connected going into the Sensor. That being the one on the Intake Manifold.
Mods

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 09:49:37 AM »
Bobby
One of the sensors only uses 3 wires, while the other one uses 4.
Looking at the picture below, I thought the end one was connected and the wire second from the end was the unused one.  I'd have to check my GMPP installation instructions but they are at home

This is the adapter kit from CED.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »
Dave ,  I didn't get the adaper kit  I just have the stock connector I'll check and let you know  Thanks Bobby    :gaah:     there should be a Hair pulling  emocon <---??? for what I have left
Mods

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 11:17:54 AM »
I know
I just used the picture of the adapter because it clearly shows the wiring, which one is skipped and specifically that one has only 3 wires

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
Dave,    Well call me<------>" Stupid or forgetful " either I forgot to put the Plug in "(or)" I Didn't have it all the way in and it fell out ( At My Age it Could Happen ) <---- Any excuse is better then None.

I put the new sensors in on Friday.
Mods

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 12:38:38 PM »
Bobby, maybe you solved your issue, but just to confirm as Elff's pic shows, the second wire from the right should NOT be connected.  This was my hacked-up dealership job, before I redid it and soldered the wires:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:41:45 PM by TomatoSoup »
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 01:07:47 PM »
I know , Mine were the same way before I Soldered them . Like I posted before they use Aluminum connectors on Copper wire.
Mods